Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #1
Superfly
Regular

Default NVIDIA SLi Rendering Problem

Hi Guys,

Firstly - great game im a huge SiN fan.

Secondly I noticed that sometimes when playing the game in SLI mode there is white horizontal corruption in the middle of the screen, the game uses split frame rendering I think like HL2 did.

Also the game does'nt exit to desktop properly if your running in SLi mode, The bottom half of the screen from the game is carried over onto the windows desktop and will only clear if I run another full screen application.

I tested the game using single GPU rendering and both the white line corruption and the desktop issue were not present.

Im using NVD's latest instrumented driver version 84.60.

I can always file a bug report with NVIDIA via NVD but I thought I'd post it here too.

Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
Superfly
Regular

Default Re: NVIDIA SLi Rendering Problem

I forgot to say, the white screen corruption is only visable when moving your view, its like the top half and the bottom half of the screen are tearing apart - I think TBH this is more likely to be an NVIDIA bug?

Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Commander_Canuck

it runs WAY better in AFR mode... I got the tearing in SFR as well as crashes, but once I made a profile in nhance for it to run AFR I get like 95-100 fps and it looks great
Commander_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
Superfly
Regular

How do I change the rendering mode - its locked as read only in the NVIDIA control panel and I dont use nHancer cos its a bit gay.

I guess if I just remove the profile from the drivers completely and make a new one??

thanks.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

I'm sure this will be fixed in a later nvidia driver. Each game needs an individual sli profile in order for SLI to be optimal. Nvidia needs to write that themselves and include it in a newer driver.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
Superfly
Regular

Hi Guys,

Ok well I deleted the official profile from the nvapps.xml file on system32 and created a new one using AFR - now it runs fine with no artifacting or desktop corruption!!

thanks guys - AFR FTW TBH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
Superfly
Regular

Quick update:

AFR runs a bit slower than SFR sadly so rather than leave it I logged a bug report on NVD (NVIDIA's developer Website).

fingures crossed we should see the default profile getting fixed over the next few driver releases.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:49 AM   #8
Superfly
Regular

Another update - AFR2 runs much faster than AFR - twice as fast.

so current bestadvice is to use AFR2 until NV fix the default profile.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:58 AM   #9
Scared
Casual

im surprised that the game doesnt have a profile since the game is nvidia supported....
Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #10
Superfly
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Scared:
im surprised that the game doesnt have a profile since the game is nvidia supported....
It does, the default profile is locked as read only in SFR mode whick although quite fast causes desktop corruption on exiting the game and can in my case also cause some in game corruption when the two frames tear apart.

Deleting this profile and creating a new one allows the user to choose and experiment with any of the given SLI modes - thus AFR2 comes out top of the pile because its as fast as SFR but does'nt cause any corruption either in game or on the Windows desktop - hope this clears up any confusion.

I have logged a bug report with NVIDIA via my NVD account so hopefully the default profile will be fixed.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #11
Superfly
Regular

Just to let you guys know I had a confirmation E-Mail from NVIDIA last night that the problem with the SiN Episodes profile pointing to an incorrect .exe path has been identified and fixed.

The next driver release should not have any issues.

thanks.