Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
Shmidley
Rookie

Default Lags regardless of video settings

I am having severe problems with the single player game lagging, regardless of what I set the video settings to. I had them maxed on account of the fact that I can play HL2 with everything maxed, but that was horrible, so I began by lowering them a little. Right now I have everything set to the absolute minimum possible settings, and the game still lags ridiculously. How is this even possible? I had the same problem with F.E.A.R. No matter what I set the video settings to the game lags.
Shmidley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: Lags regardless of video settings

Can you please post your DXDIAG info?
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Shmidley
Rookie

Here it is: http://www.s95361327.onlinehome.us/DxDiag.txt

I really hope you can tell me more than "Make sure your video drivers are up to date."
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Hrm...

You have the most recent video drivers for your video card, audio card and operating system.

Have you made any custom driver settings in the ATI Control Panel? I'm trying to isolate out what could be causing this, because to be honest with you, you've got a pretty nice system from the looks of it.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Shmidley
Rookie

I don't even have the control panel installed, I just pretend I'm on dialup and download only the actual driver file.

I spent 900 dollars in January upgrading virtually everything, so I should have a pretty good machine. Like I said, I have no problem running Half-Life 2, or any other source games, really. The only other game I've expierenced this problem with was F.E.A.R. but that was marginally tolerable.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #6
Shmidley
Rookie

I don't know if setting the game/music volume to minimum qualifies as "disabling" the sound, but I hadn't tried that before. I just did though, and it made no difference, if that might have been a possibility.

EDIT: Also disabled Norton, and my printer. Then disabled the Itunes and Ipod services which run in the background. Still nothing.

EDITEDIT: The frame rates haven't been what they should be, but they hadn't gotten totally unbearable until I reached the first part of the U4 labs, which I've pretty much been using as a test run every time I disable something else.