Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default NOTE: Patch Work This Weekend

During this weekend, we're going to be hard at work on the patch.

While we are working on the patch, we may post questions regarding certain classifications of bugs that people have been experiencing.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting their issues, and to everyone who has sent in save games or crash dumps.

Update: Looks like we're going to be in the Wednesday afternoon Steam patch window at the moment. More details as I get them.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert
Default Re: NOTE: Patch Work This Weekend

Good to hear. Maybe this will help in your debugging. The first time i played the game, I left both sliders at default settings. It got uber hard after the first mutant boss (where everyone else said it got harder as well). It continued til the end of the game. On my second completion, I decided to mess with the sliders based off my experienes with the first play. For the purpose of simplicity, let's say the default values were set at 2 out of 10. I pushed up the difficulty to 5 and lowered the time it takes to adjust to 1 (because I noticed it wasn't making the game any easier on default setting for me). On this game, I died maybe 10 or 15 times total, as opposed to 80+. This game NEVER got too difficult and in fact was a little too easy for me. Hope this helps.
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
drake2231
Rookie

How do we find out when the u4 lab patch comes out and where do we go to get it?
drake2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

The patch should go live Wednesday afternoon. When it's available, we'll be posting it everywhere we possibly can.

To get the patch, all you'll have to do is restart Steam.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
deceiver
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to deceiver Send a message via MSN to deceiver

Is the game going to be updated to the latest version of Source, or will that require much more testing before you update it to that? Also, would it be realistic to anticipate Arena Mode for this month?

Thanks again for stickign around here and all the hard work you're putting in Mike!
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 AM   #6
Standoff
Veteran

I'm also curious as to whether the x64 version is coming. We got a 'maybe' on the Steam forums...

( http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hreadid=432508 in case anyone wants to know)

Yep, randomevent is me....doing my job to bug devs everywhere into x64 ports....hahah. It's fun.
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #7
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Once the merge is done...we're still merging, and our code isn't 64-bit ready just yet...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
Standoff
Veteran

No rush, we do appreciate the effort though [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks to ye all
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #9
KalZakath
Experienced

Yeah seconded, I only saw the 64-bit Source news the other day for some reason, but that should be great when it arrives [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with hitting the patch window guys, looking forward to it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
dunklezhan
Rookie

know you're tres busy and all - but what's the deadline for the patch? I'm not going to camp on my computer waiting for it - not because I don't want it or am not grateful, but Steam can get a little, uh, blocked up when there's a lot of people after the same thing and I don't want to contribute to the log jam for all these wizzy experts who can finish it in 3 hours or so who desperately need the patch to continue blowing stuff up at ridiculously high speed. Me? I'm six hours into it and I think I'm only about half way through...

Yup, I'm WORTHLESS at FPS. But I love 'em, I can't help myself...

Anyway, what'd the deadline for getting it into this week's update? At what point does it become certain that we'll have to wait another week? (and please give the appropriate timezone, cos I'm in England and we're on BST not GMT at the moment. I'll do the math if you print the timezone!)
dunklezhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

I can guarantee that it is coming out today. Watch this space in the next few minutes for more details.