Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
glenn
Rookie

Default Sound Studdering Issues-continued

This has to be one of the most poorly written games I have played in YEARS. Sound issues and stuttering video/audio continue even after the patch. I have bought and played 8 games in the last few months without hitch one. This will be the last game I purchase from this company ever. I posted dxdiag info etc. with no results. The game sound just progressively gets worse as I play the game. Lets see.......Criminal origons, The Godfather, Fear, Need for speed most wanted, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty 2. The list goes on and on without patch 1. Steam games are a joke, this game is a joke. I'm tired of spending hours trying to figure out why my system is having issues when I now believe the problem has been the game since day one. Disappointed to say the least. Im sure not going to post my dxdiag info for the third time. Time to take the game back and pray they will take it back. I cant believe the reviews were fair for a buggy game that clearly never was tested. I mean come on HL2 plays great and this game seems like a carbon copy with bugs.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Default Re: Sound Studdering Issues-continued

We're sorry you've had so many issues with the game. We've tried to help as much as we can and there's actually one of your threads with some information awating your feedback. It's certainly your right as a consumer to take the game back and if you're not satisfied with it, that's one option. We are continuing to try and remedy issues and we're sorry yours haven't been fixed yet.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
glenn
Rookie

I will recheck the threads for the question I was left. I wouldnt be so frustrated if it wasn't for the fact that HL2 didn't have these issues and this game seems to be written on the same platform, this is not ground breaking technology that is expected to have a few bugs to get worked out. It really bothers me when the customer becomes the game tester and bug detector. It shouldn't be that way with any polished product. Thank you for responding to my post. Glenn.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
Parnic

I understand your frustration. Are you referring to the most recent version of HL2 or the original release? Part of the problem here could be that we are using a copy of Source that's over a year old. We are currently working on merging with the latest version of Source and will have a patch available with those changes as soon as they're ready. Many bugs such as stuttering or poor performance were fixed in later versions of Source that SiN does not currently have.

Again, we don't want you to feel like you're the bug tester/detector. I can attest personally that the game was thoroughly tested throughout its lifetime before being released to the masses. Very few users have actually had problems with the game. We are continually working on ways to resolve existing issues with those that are still having them.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
glenn
Rookie

I would say it was the origonal version, bought it the day it came out unless a patch came out days after release. Its been about six months since I played counterstrike, it was the most current version at the time. I would check version numbers but I have had to uninstall these games for the hard drive space.....so many games so little space. How can I check frame rates while playing the game? console command? Video settings dont seem to affect the performance, seems like an audio issue, sound pops, cracks, stutters sometimes, sounds like its looping sometimes as well. Downloaded latest audio, video, and bios drivers .Thanks, Glenn
Old 05-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Parnic

You can enable framerates by going into the console and typing
cl_showfps 2

The easiest way to tell if you have the patched version is to click "new game", then "restore defaults" button. This should set the second slider "Give Assistance" to the middle of the bar. If you do not have the patched version, the slider will be set to the second or third notch, the same as the Challenge slider above it. If you are not running the patched version, you will need to get the patch through steam (which should have happened automatically). If you are running the patched version, try adding "-mode2" to your launch options/shortcut and see if that remedies the issue.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
Parnic

I should clarify that when I said to check for the latest version, I meant the latest version of our game, not HL2. If you're running HL2 through steam then you have the latest version. Let me know if -mode2 helps you at all.