Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Lucretius

Default Helicopter Won\'t Die After 5000 rounds of ammo

All right. I'd appreciate it if a dev can help me out. I am at the helicopter part on the tower. I read the general discussion forum and realize it takes a lot of fire power to take this thing down. Yet, I think mine is messed up. Here are the irregularities experienced on the various reloads while I have tried to kill the helicopter.

1) Sometimes the helicopter disappears when I go around the building. Now I know that it might be following me but SERIOUSLY I have looked and looked and looked on the various loads, gone around the building several times (after killing all the gunners) looking for the damn thing and I Know I didn't kill it (I think I'd remember that).

2) Sometimes the helicopters ceases to fire (I mean for like 10 minutes) and I just stand in front of it and it does absolutely nothing.

3) The helicopter won't die. I put ALL the ammo around the whole darn building into it. It doesn't die. So I thought maybe I screwed up somehow. Unfortunately no pre helicopter save anywhere near this point. So, I decide to cheat thinking maybe I just didn't get to this point with enough ammo. Alright guys, I know it's a boss and all but even on cheat I must have dumped like 5000 rounds of chain gun ammo into it. It just stays (and it either shoots at me or if this is one of the number 2 incidents, it just hovers there and takes it).

I really liked this game up to this point. I'd really appreciate you telling me if I am an absolute moron and am missing something (and at this point I really don't care if you just plain out tell me). Failing that, please just send me (via email if you wish) some console command to just kill the damn helicopter so I can finish the game. This ruins an otherwise wonderful game whose story I had wanted to see throught to completion.

Hell, if you can send me a damn save game right after the heli blows up I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks,
Chris
Lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 AM   #2
Lucretius

Default Re: Helicopter Won\'t Die After 5000 rounds of ammo

SPOILER

Alright, I'm stupid. I'm supposed to kill the mutant thing first (and I didn't know you could walk on that thin ledge around to the helipad thingy.) Still, I found it positively strange and rather confusing when the helicopter just stayed in place letting me shoot it. I had no idea why it wasn't dying and why it wasn't shooting back. You guys should make the damn thing maybe shoot at you a bit then just go away. Otherwise folks are just gonna shoot at the copter thinking they're supposed to kill it and not knowing it's invincibile until you kill the big mutant thing (since, except for game design purposes, the invincibility doesn't make any sense). Sorry for the post, but this was absolutely infuriating and since the helicopter just stayed there I didn't know what to do. Minor (but frustrating) and fixable design flaw in an otherwise wonderful game.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #3
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

Uh, who would NOT kill the mutant that is currently attacking you, just so you could shoot at a helicopter? What seems to be the problem?
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Lucretius

The problem is (was) that the helicopter stayed down where Jessica was. There was no mutant and I didn't know to leave to go around and up to find the mutant because the helicopter just stayed there and either just sat there and took fire or fired back. Because it didn't go away on those loads I didn't know that I was supposed to leave.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Ahh, this is an interesting problem. I've never seen the helicopter stay down by Jessica before. Did this happen after you loaded your last savegame? In other words, does it happen consistently with loading the same save?
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
Superfly
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Parnic:
Ahh, this is an interesting problem. I've never seen the helicopter stay down by Jessica before. Did this happen after you loaded your last savegame? In other words, does it happen consistently with loading the same save?
Hi Parnic,

I have had this happen to me also on both of my plays through so far.

Im just approaching this section for the 3rd time so i'll save it just before and if the hele stays local to jessica again i'll let you have the save.

Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Lucretius

Parnic,

Since I resolved the problem by figuring out that I wasn't supposed to try to kill the helicopter but go around the building, I may have saved over the save where the helicopter just stayed around. If I didn't I'll be glad to email it to you when I get home from work. (how big are sIn saves when Rared?)

Chris
Old 05-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

It should only be a few megs, maybe less. If you do have the save, we can certainly try to reproduce and fix it in the future. Thanks.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #9
BloodyL

I've just reached the helicopter, the first time it wiped me out, now I can't seem to get it to appear.
I've killed all the enemies on the walkways and walked every inch of the ledges but still no copter.
BloodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
BloodyL

Okay, so I found where to go to really get to the helicopter but that was so strange how it first appeared when I was still on the ledges below the final killing ground.
BloodyL is offline   Reply With Quote