Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
megarust

Default Temporarily stuck in room with spinning machinery

The room near the beginning of the game (shortly after getting the magnum) where the guys above control the spinning machinery while you're below. Not exactly sure this is a bug or not, but I came in the room and killed all the dudes up top before they could move the machinery. I was stuck there for a minute or two after all the guys were dead (the door didn't explode) until I nudged one of the boxes. The door then exploded, and I carried on. I can't remember what triggered the door to explode the first time I played the game. What triggers it?
megarust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Default Re: Temporarily stuck in room with spinning machin

Spoiler answer:
</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">There are two holes next to the door that you can either throw a grenade into or crouch down and shoot through. There are explosive barrels on the other side of the door that cause it to blow into the room.</span><font class="post">
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
megarust

Also, I forgot to mention that Jessica called me around that time and I hit tab to answer, and there was no sound. I just got another message from her just now in the office with the promexia project PDA, and there was also no sound. There was sound the first time through, maybe the recent patch borked it or something.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
megarust

Quote:
Originally posted by Parnic:
Spoiler answer:
</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">There are two holes next to the door that you can either throw a grenade into or crouch down and shoot through. There are explosive barrels on the other side of the door that cause it to blow into the room.</span><font class="post">
Ahh, I see. Whoops.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
megarust

JC's message shortly after has sound, must have been a fluke.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Quote:
Originally posted by megarust:
Also, I forgot to mention that Jessica called me around that time and I hit tab to answer, and there was no sound. I just got another message from her just now in the office with the promexia project PDA, and there was also no sound. There was sound the first time through, maybe the recent patch borked it or something.
There's a small issue with the "context look" system on some objects (such as the promexia project pda) that cause the reply to not play if you are looking away from the item. If you continue to look at the item after hitting tab and hearing Blade's voice, Jessica will respond. I will add this to the known issues thread.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
megarust

I see, thanks for the help.