Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
Hollow_Man
Casual

Default No chaingunners second time through?

Now that the game has been pacthed I am playing through a second time. What I've noticed is that I have yet to encounter chaingunners. I've just finished the first boss and am going through the maze of boxes/crates - right before Jessica picks you up in the car. My first time through I had definitely hit chaingunners by now.

I actually set the challenge slider higher than default for this game - right in the middle. I haven't actually saved the game much at all - just reloading from the checkpoint when I die. Challenge in game never seems to go much above the low 40s. Skill is in the 70s.

Why haven't the chaingun guys been triggered yet in this game? If anything I figure I'm playing better than I did first time through (since now I'm used to the game), so I'm rather surprised it's being easy on me (which, to be honest, is a bit boring - the chaingunners are tons of fun).

Oh, one other thing. For the start of the game I clicked the checkbox that said not to play the intro levels, but nothing was different. Still did the intro.

-HM
Hollow_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
RuThLeS_LoC
Casual

Default Re: No chaingunners second time through?

man u got 2 keep going, trust me u will C them!
RuThLeS_LoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
Hollow_Man
Casual

Perhaps I will see them eventually. But it baffles me as to why I haven't seen them at least as early as my prior game, especially considering I've set the difficulty higher.

-HM
Old 05-18-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
artent
Rookie

it's just cause there was a bug in how the challenge rating increased before the last patch. If you want it to be as hard as it was last time jack up the difficulty and reduce the aid meter.
artent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

I didn't start seeing chaingunners until after the first war machine fight. Then they never stopped coming.

But do remember that the difficulty system was altered.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Yes, the chaingunners will show up earlier and earlier if you have the challenge slider set higher. I wouldn't be concerned about the fact that they haven't appeared yet. Sounds like you're doing better than the challenge rating you selected - maybe try a higher one next time.

Also - selecting "skip intro" should plop you down right by where the truck drives at you and you start shooting guys. You checked that box and still had the entire Radek/Elexis intro and everything?
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Hollow_Man
Casual

Ok, I'll try an even higher challenge rating next time (I set it in the middle for the current game).

And yes, I checked the box to skip the intro stuff, but it didn't do so.

-HM