Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
digital_phantom

Default Unable to install game

I just bought the game today at Walmart, when I try to install the game via the setup.exe (or autorun) it says: "Another version of this product is already. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel".

Now when I try to launch the installer via sinep1.exe it gets to where it wants you to select the features to install, it wants to install in the "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\" folder for some reason (and cannot change this) so when you click next it says something like please choose a valid steam folder.

My system setup is a new installation of Windows XP, I have Steam, Half-Life 2, and a few other games like Far Cry, Oblivion, FEAR, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 installed, there is nothing running in the background except for the nvidia settings icon.

Any help is appreciated since this is annoying, buying a new game and can't even play the thing.
digital_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Default Re: Unable to install game

it is because you have Steam installed I believe, so basically all you need to do is enter the cd key follow this,

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=170112&page=0&amp ;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

it will probably start downloading once it has close Steam and go to your DVD Rom drive, and look for .GCFs files copy these

go to
C:\Steam\SteamApps\username

Sin Episodes folder and you will see some .GCFs paste the ones from the DVD and reload Steam, and see if it works.

cheers
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
digital_phantom

Default Re: Unable to install game

Hey thanks, I'll try this out ASAP.
digital_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote