Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Shmidley
Rookie

Default Low FR Regardless of Video Settings

A while ago I posted this same topic, and a few other people had their own, I still have this problem. Ridiculously low frame rates even when the game is set to the bare minimum video settings. I haven't been able to play the game since it came out. You guys seemed to be responding to problems very quickly, but you completely ignored this one and dropped all topics regarding it.

s95361327.onlinehome.us/DxDiag.txt

Shmidley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Apprentice
Veteran

Default Re: Low FR Regardless of Video Settings

You don't give us much, do you ??
Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
UTWarden
Experienced

we need more, pc specs at least with driver rwevisions if known.

I've seen this game make my pc almost Crawl (Supremecy tower areas) anf I don't have a low end pc.

[edit] I looked up your video driver revision and if I looked it up correctly those your running are the Cat 5.12?, Now in my one of my previos posts I asked what drivers this game was tested on, I have other issues not going into it, but I believe Rituaul tested on "Generally, pre-6.0 ATI, and pre-ForceWare 80 nVIDIA." so on the 5.12 you shoud be ok.
Question, Why are you still running the Cat 5.12?
UTWarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
Edurad2
Casual

give me a sec i'll see wat i can do,
Edurad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Edurad2
Casual

try updateing ur chipset drivers, and enableing V-sync it wont be ur graphics card

unless u have the older drivers try updateing to the latist drivers ?
Edurad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Quote:
Originally posted by UTWarden:
we need more, pc specs at least with driver rwevisions if known.

I've seen this game make my pc almost Crawl (Supremecy tower areas) anf I don't have a low end pc.

[edit] I looked up your video driver revision and if I looked it up correctly those your running are the Cat 5.12?, Now in my one of my previos posts I asked what drivers this game was tested on, I have other issues not going into it, but I believe Rituaul tested on "Generally, pre-6.0 ATI, and pre-ForceWare 80 nVIDIA." so on the 5.12 you shoud be ok.
Question, Why are you still running the Cat 5.12?
Actually, pre-6.0 ATI had issues with our game, as did pre-ForceWare 80 nVIDIA drivers.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
UTWarden
Experienced

oohhhh

on a side note I do have the Cat 6.5's installed, with no issues. (X800XT pe)
Wouldn't mind a screenie with FPS shown (res played in mentioned please)
Old 05-31-2006, 09:52 AM   #8
cogwheel

The problem is SiN's lack of performance optimization in their maps. It's pretty damn poor.

I have a P4 2.8, X850 XT, 1 gig of RAM, Creative Xi-Fi. I can lower settings, lower res, etc., and no matter what the frame rate routinely chugs during action and outdoor areas, just like what you're saying. I mean, it's PLAYABLE, but 20-25 fps during action is pretty irritating, especially with SiN's mindless kill-a-whole-bunch-of-randomly-spawning-bad-guys combat situations, that require quick reflexes and good aim if you want to keep your health robust. And fps that low significantly hinders your skills, and reduces game enjoyment.

Yes, I have the latest drivers in everything. I am always meticulous in that regard, and I practice near obsessive system hygiene.

I have seen games with a lack of performance optimization before, and SiN: Emergence is one of them. The proof of poor optimization is in the quality settings themselves. I shouldn't be able to lower and raise my res and settings and not get a performance difference either way. Always the tell-tale sign of poor optimization and lack of polish. It's pretty clearn SiN: Emergence was not put through too much QA.

It's either the maps themselves, or the AI.....which if so is pretty laughable, considering SiN's enemy AI is primitive at best. Nevertheless, it still may very well be the culprit, as I've noticed that once an area is cleared (just dozens of bodies everywhere, the aftermath), the framerate gets back up to the comfortable 40-60 range.

Say you're ABOUT to go into a room/area that triggers a combat encounter, and you're just standing there......the fps is like 35. Complete the combat, go back to where you were standing before, and the fps is now 60, even if there are piles of high-poly corpses in view. Obviously, that's pretty lame.

So far, every non-Valve produced Source engine game (this even goes for non-Valve produced CS:S maps, such as the ones mades by Turtle Rock) I've played has shown poor performance optimization. It's starting to seem like only Valve knows how to code for Source properly.

Though I realize most Ritualistic people would probably just read this, get irritated, and write me off, I hope someone will actually be objective and make note of these truthful observations I've made.

Edit by Parnic: oops, clicked the wrong button. No changes made to this post.
cogwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
UTWarden
Experienced

Ritual already said this was on an older source build.

It's not like there WASN'T issues with HL2 when it first came out.

FFS the Studdering is in the ENGINE, oh oh oh lets blame it on Ritual.

your confusing the AI. it's not opponet AI but a System AI.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]