Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 05-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
artent
Rookie

Default challange rating meanings

Sin seems to give you an overall challenge rating by averaging the rating of around 5-6 different things. I'm trying to get a better idea of what each one means. If anyone has better ideas than I do(development team [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])...please post.

Aid: I'm guessing somthing to do with healthpack drop rate.

Type: What kinds of enemies get sent at you and how big the weapons they use are

Power: Some type of damage scale on enemy weapons

Threat: Accuracy..maybe? number of enemies...no idea

Intel: Enemy ability to detect you? I really have no idea, I just know that in my games this rating is always much much lower than all the others, somtimes by as much as 40 points.
artent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Danial
Rookie

Default Re: challange rating meanings

I think "Threat" would be number of enemies. I've replayed several scenes where I might get 6 guys one time around, and then I might get half that the next time. And I also agree that "Type" would be the type of badguy seeing as it seems to use Chaingunners if you're doing well and Grunts if you're not.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
raeleus
Regular

What you have determined makes sense. On intel, it was once said that if the enemy has enough "information" on where you are, they will try to shoot through the wall etc. I have noticed that in lower difficulties they rarely try to shoot me through the wall, yet on the highest difficulty they try all the time. Maybe this is a part of what Intel is describing.
raeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
Edurad2
Casual

u get a better rateing for head shots, and u lose rateings for missing the target, kinda obvious, u get less rateing if dont explorer and the more u exploer the more ur exploration goes up, and secreats can be found, etc.

notie if u kill the enermys with a head shot 98% of the time they drop small health boots along the way to say u useing the main ones my health meater was full most of the game i played bars half way but the recoil on the machine gun sucks out of zoom mode, u gotta do short fireing like tap the mouse slightley so the recoil doesnt go stupied. a few gameing tips not spoiling before i get plagued with it.
Edurad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
Danial
Rookie

The enemies drop health boosters anyway, whether you're doing headshots or not. I think the lower your challenge rating, the more often they drop them.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
raeleus
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Edurad2:
u get a better rateing for head shots, and u lose rateings for missing the target, kinda obvious, u get less rateing if dont explorer and the more u exploer the more ur exploration goes up, and secreats can be found, etc.

notie if u kill the enermys with a head shot 98% of the time they drop small health boots along the way to say u useing the main ones my health meater was full most of the game i played bars half way but the recoil on the machine gun sucks out of zoom mode, u gotta do short fireing like tap the mouse slightley so the recoil doesnt go stupied. a few gameing tips not spoiling before i get plagued with it.
I think you missed the point. This thread is attempting to figure out the different aspects of the challenge rating.

I hope the dev team can comment on this subject.
raeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
SkyBard
Experienced

Send a message via ICQ to SkyBard Send a message via AIM to SkyBard Send a message via MSN to SkyBard Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBard

I'd like to see a complete listing of all the stat options and what they mean as well.
Such as Demolishing, Sharp Shooting, Death Dealing, Wicked, etc.

My fiancee is playing through SiN currently.
Her rating is something with "Grenade hoarding John Blade" in the title.
SkyBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Smoke39
Regular

I always get that. I basically never use grenades.
Smoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote