Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 06-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Predius

Default Sin Emergence German

I just purchased your product from a store in switzerland, but I cannot play it because the german version has not yet been activated/released in steam. This is absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE! Is this the new world order of ritual? Selling products which wont work?

I'll never buy anything from ritual again, this is pure scam.

Plus, I want my money back!
Predius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: Sin Emergence German

There is an issue on Valve's side that is preventing some copies of the German language version from activating.

We are working with Valve on a solution, and hope to have this resolved shortly.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

According to my contact at Valve, this should now be corrected for all but about 100 people who purchased the German language PEGI version.

If you still are not unlocked, please contact Valve directly so they can unlock your account.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Ooho

I have the same Problem.
the biggest problem are to find any answere for this **** problem.
no german forum for this game and no information on your sit only that it are in work but when i can play this game. i play a lot of games on steam and no other game make so problems.

i will a answere with a date when this game is playable or i and 7 other friends they buy it in the store want the money back or a free download of the english version from the steam. but i don't know. work the english version in swiss ?
i hope your answer is fast then my fun is already gone befor i play this game first time and thats not the way from a good game.

Ooho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

If your game is still locked, issue a trouble ticket through Steam and Valve will take care of it.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
RoNsTaR

And btw are you working on getting (expensive) imported versions of Emergence running on GERMAN Locations? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
RoNsTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
Parnic

The country is locked to your steam account so there's nothing we can do about getting imported versions working. This is a USK/Steam restriction.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
RoNsTaR

Oh well, at least an answer, even when its a dissatisfying one... I didn't expect one for my sarcastical answer here..., but well, cool, thank you.

At least there's someone to blame and it seems its only VALVe. I don't think it doesn't make any sense to rabble anymore over this issue, at least here...
Old 06-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
PizzasRgooD
Regular

Yeah.. sin 1 had it right;

http://users.skynet.be/reinhart/pizz...ldsinvalve.jpg [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Just to point out it is not Valve's fault, it is the germany governing board who allow games or not allow them, Valve are only following what they say. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
Predius

@Sarkie
I beg your pardon? You can't be serious, this is 100% valve's and rituals fault. Both parties are not able to deal with this situation and neither valve nor ritual seem to be truely willing to help me.

1) Germany <> Switzerland <> Austria ... or did they miss something back in school at geography? There are three countries in europe that have german as official language. But they are completely independent. If the germans think that SiN is not to be published, so be it.... but only IN GERMANY itself.

2) Why did valve sell the locked german product in switzerland at all?

3) Why is it so hard your sales people to generate Game Id's that are related to countries and languages instead of languages only? Again, they seem to have missed something back in school in marketing and international law.

4) This and the official reactions of valve and ritual indicate that they do not care about the small markets. Why does this not astonish me?

You want some proof? Here it is, official reaction from Valve at the steam support site:

Customer (Xxxx Xxxxx) 06/08/2006 03:17 PM
I purchased Sin German in a local store in switzerland. I don't give a damn what the german authorities think or say. I would really appreciate that the german versions would not be thrown into one basket. There are different countries with german official language such as switzerland or austria, those countries are not affected by the censorship of germany.

Additionally, my proposal would be that the country codes are added to the internal database of your games identifications, not just the language. And if it's already the case then the country codes are not working as intended.

Product Name: SiN Episodes Emergernce DE
Confirmation Code: xxxxxxxx

So I ask Valve directly to unlock my Product, Ritual is not able to help my any further.

----------
Response (JeffH) 06/10/2006 01:45 PM
Hello,

You will want to contact ritual regarding this issue, VALVe did not develop SIN Episodes.

----------

End of story and end of options for me, thank you very much for your enlightning support. I going to claim my money back.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #12
Parnic

Predius:
We apologize for the difficulty you've had in obtaining a copy of SiN Episodes in Switzerland. As has been stated several times on these forums, those who bought the German version of the game that do not reside in Germany should be able to unlock their game by sending in a trouble ticket.

We have forwarded the information you posted here directly to VALVe and are currently working on making sure that all customers not residing in Germany are able to work out this issue.

It is not a clear-cut case of blame here...no one can simply say "it's this person's fault" because of the situation. Some of the USK CD keys were mixed in with the PEGI CD keys and VALVe is supposed to manually unlock Sin Ep for the affected persons. This would include you.

I sympathize with your situation and please believe that we are working to alleviate this issue ASAP. Thanks for your continued patience in this matter.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
RoNsTaR

Quote:
Just to point out it is not Valve's fault, it is the germany governing board who allow games or not allow them, Valve are only following what they say.
*cough* no damn no, it isn't that easy. I can't let stand this here, cuz its just fragging wrong, the whole "its the USKs fault" is absolutly wrong..., I still mentioned the way how ratings are done and which versions are affected in germany ! The USK is NOT like the BBFC, when a game gets no rating it still can be sold without problems..., like PEGI - Ratings. The USK can't index (and not ban, thats something totally different) anything, thats what the BPJM is doing, maybe on unrated games, maybe not, and EVEN THEN, this doesn't mean a whole salestop or ban, no it does mean, that you can't get the game when you're a minor.

So and as I read here, we even have a GERMAN uncut PEGI-Version, so whats the point?! Release the PEGI-Versions for all german customers on Steam and put your cut DE-Version, which no one wants in your USK-Rated Retailboxes, where they belong and don't let the guys wait anymore, who allready paid via Credit Card on Steam.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
Parnic

Predius: we have received a reply from VALVe and your game will be unlocked within the hour. Again, thanks for your patience regarding this matter and we hope you enjoy SiN Episodes: Emergence!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

As for "SiN Episodes" in Germany, we're in a bit of a unique predicament, as the original "SiN" was placed on the Index by BPjM. The U.S./PEGI version of "SiN Episodes" was denied a rating by USK as well. That has led to additional scrutiny being placed on "SiN Episodes" than a game would normally experience.

We are working closely with USK to deliver a product that not only meets their requirements, but also does not affect gameplay.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #16
Predius

@Parnic
I am having a trouble ticket at steam since a week, I described my situation pretty complete and with all legal aspects that matter in this case. But they are not willing to unlock my copy and merely state it's not their business but yours. I like ping pong, but only if I am not the damn ball.

My game ist still locked, what can I say?

I can understand that in publishing things can go wrong. How ever it seems that the sales people at steam can not resolve this issue because they are not able to do it technically and won't admit it, or... I just met the part of the staff that does not work too much.

Nah, lets think constructive. I see it like this: all german versions are ready to start and already produced and partially distributed but not in the shelves yet, EXCEPT in switzerland. The game Id's are not indicating the country in which they are sold. So, it's not possible to track back a proof of purchase Id to a country. I am sorry but the marketing people at valve or ritual really need serious help. I am not very competent at marketing but the basics should be obvious to anyone.

Face it, germanys authorities were always (and will always be) complaining about shooter games, it's like this since doom came out and that was in 1990 or something like that. What are you gonna do? If I look at my calendar you were contemplating what to do for a pretty long time and you still haven't found the solution.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #17
Parnic

Predius:
It has not yet been quite an hour since since we received the notification. Rest assured that your game is going to be unlocked very shortly.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #18
Predius

*Whizbang*

Valve has found the magic button. That was a hard pirce of work (at least for me). Me was typing for a few hours and waiting a few days, but they are just pressing a button, *gnaw on chairarm*. Where's written that life is fair? Nowhere... but hey. This was nothing. There are matters that sting and bite a hell lot more than the boring questions about a simple and plain game that was locked for a few days.