Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Default Paradox map

I was trying to recreate the Paradox map in hammer, just to see if I could, but I came across a problem. I can't find anyway to allow players to move on any other surface than the default floor.

I was just wondering if ritual mappers were planning on making this map for sin episodes death match, how they were planning on getting around this.

I'm guessing it's possible if you make some alterations to the coding, but I was trying to make it as a Half-Life 2 death match map in the mean while until the sin emergence sdk is released.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Xenogenetic
Addict

Default Re: Paradox map

They couldn't get anywhere but the floor? That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. What types of entities are the other floors, and where are you putting the skybox?
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Xenogenetic:
They couldn't get anywhere but the floor? That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. What types of entities are the other floors, and where are you putting the skybox?
I'm talking about walking on the ceiling and walls.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
Xenogenetic
Addict

Ohhhh, I guess you could try func_ladders, or something with gravity.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

You can play the player on any platform using gravity, but this does not rotate the players axis.

With func_ladder they can move around the walls and ceiling, but this does not rotate the players axis.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
wisecode
Experienced

Send a message via MSN to wisecode

If you guys are referring to SiN:E it will be the HL2 func_useableladder, not the legacy func_ladder.

There is a trick you can use in Source mods to get the Player upside-down, other than to re-code the Player, teleport them with the destination upside-down, their view will be skewed once they teleport, you can restore their view the same way.
wisecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by wisecode:
If you guys are referring to SiN:E it will be the HL2 func_useableladder, not the legacy func_ladder.

There is a trick you can use in Source mods to get the Player upside-down, other than to re-code the Player, teleport them with the destination upside-down, their view will be skewed once they teleport, you can restore their view the same way.
I tried changing the angle of teleport destinations, but could not rotate the players axis more than 45 degrees in the x axis. Tried setting it to such values like 90 and 180, but it would only be rotated by 45 degrees. The y and z just appeared to alter the persons view temporary and the player could just move the mouse back to the normal position.

The problem with using func_useableladder is that if you were to jump.. you fall.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
Xenogenetic
Addict

Maybe you could make a trigger_push just weak enough to keep them hovering, lol. I never tried to do this before.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #9
wisecode
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by CommanderZx2:
I tried changing the angle of teleport destinations, but could not rotate the players axis more than 45 degrees in the x axis. Tried setting it to such values like 90 and 180, but it would only be rotated by 45 degrees. The y and z just appeared to alter the persons view temporary and the player could just move the mouse back to the normal position.

The problem with using func_useableladder is that if you were to jump.. you fall.
...Without re-coding the Player it is the only existing tweak, but as you noted it is not a true inversion, simply a close illusion, but enough possibly to work in most cases.

If they can help at all I created the following tutorials for HL2 mapping:
http://www.sourcemapping.org/akg/tut...iseGravity.asp
http://www.sourcemapping.org/akg/tutorials/wiseTele.asp

Old 06-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #10
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Read them, I know about the whole info_teleport_destination thing and the trigger_gravity. I've been using them, but what I'm saying is that even if I rotate the info_teleport_destination upsidedown the player does not come out upside down.

Try it, try making a teleport destination upside down. The player doesn't come out upside down.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
wisecode
Experienced

That's what I stated, again it's the best that can be done without re-coding the Player.