Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Greybeard
Regular

Default Help with Final Secrets, please *Spoilers*

Some strange things are happening, preventing me from getting the last secrets.

Originally, I couldn't find the invisible ledge and so carried on to the end of the game. In another thread, "taker" gave me some hints on how to make the jump. I'd started another run through the game but found an old autosave at the beginning of the final section, so I thought I'd have another go.

I fought my way round and as soon as I reached the right part of the walkway, I tried the jump and got it first time. However, as I went around the ledge, I didn't get the "You've found a secret" message. Neither was the door opening and closing.

I finished off the final chaingunner and tried a few more times. No luck. However, I could now make the jump 99% of the time.

I thought there might be some other condition. Perhaps I had to try every door handle on the walkway? So I did that, making my way to the final supply room and the door in there.

I doubled back using a couple of supply crates to jump over the guard rail. Suddenly I can't 'find' the ledge any more. Since I could do the jump consistently before, I assume the ledge 'disappears' at some point during your progress. In fact, this is what must have happened in my previous game, which is why I couldn't find the ledge.

I'd really like to get all the secrets. So is there some condition I haven't fulfilled to allow the secret to trigger? Or is this a bug of some kind? And has anyone else discovered that the ledge can disappear?

All help very gratefully received

Greybeard

Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: Help with Final Secrets, please *Spoilers*

There is a glitch right now in the map data for the Finale map that prevents all secrets from being recorded. If it shows 2 of 3, you've got them.

We're working on a fix.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
taker
Regular

I only know that I was able to find the hidden ledge and get on it as long as I didn't go past the place from where I wasn't supposed to be able to go back any more.
(I wasn't as creative as you with bringing a supply crate to beat the system. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

However, it can be tricky to get the secret on the hidden ledge to register if you jump there, as I wrote in that message of mine you mentioned. You have to carefully try walking all around it. Celebrate when you get the "You have found a secret" message and jump back to safety. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In my experience, if I tried doing as I saw in ertertwert's video, just walking forward instead of jumping, I sometimes got on the hidden ledge and like if I was on a rail, the game automatically walked me through the ledge and registered the secret.
However, I found this awfully hard to make it happen - especially lately, perhaps the first update changed something. More often than not I'd just fall to my death.

Then I noticed that if I jump forwards, I can usually make it to the hidden ledge just fine and don't ever fail. In this case though, you don't get on whatever "automatic rail" there is and you have to carefully walk around the hidden ledge yourself, until you finally find what triggers the "You have found a secret" message.

This gets you 1/3 in the secret count on the stats page and starts the quickly opening-closing door.

If you go inside that, you get to 2/3 in secret count, even though you don't get any message here.

And there is a final third secret at the end of this, which does result in a "you have found a secret" message but due to a bug doesn't currently register on the stats screen.
taker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
taker
Regular

Man, Graybeard, you really are dedicated. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It took me three crates to be able to make the jump back:

And normally I would just destroy a supply crate as soon as I saw one.
But yes, I could reproduce your findings.

If you make this you-are-not-supposed-to-be-able-to-make-it jump backwards, the hidden ledge appears to be gone.

What's more, what the hell is this:

Real weird. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This showed up after I made the aforementioned jump. At this time, I haven't met the final Quadralux yet.
taker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Raveness
Veteran

You found his hiding spot [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] "Hello there! How's it hanging?"
Raveness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
SkyBard
Experienced

Send a message via ICQ to SkyBard Send a message via AIM to SkyBard Send a message via MSN to SkyBard Send a message via Yahoo to SkyBard

Better be glad he didn't attack you right there [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Quadralux looks like an overfed gekko or something, just hanging on the side of the building hehe [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SkyBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Raveness
Veteran

Raveness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #8
Greybeard
Regular

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

taker - Thanks for your help, again. I had to move around the ledge to trigger the message. An invisible ledge that you then have to explore. Now that's what I call a secret [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I'm glad I wasn't imagining that the ledge disappeared. Nice find with the quad.

Raveness - Nicely done. I have a soft spot for Hellboy. Not a great movie but a lot of humour. Very appropriate.

In a different post I talked about getting to the showdown with 200 health. Having played through it, I want 200 health just to survive that upside-down world [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

As for the final fight, I loved the Dopefish chaingunners. Unfortunately, they were far too enthusiastic. I've got a 'no-scratch' solution for the quad which they screwed up horribly. On the one occasion they let me do my thing, they refused to shoot at the helicopter. I ended up shooting them myself [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thanks, again

Greybeard

Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote