Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
abrasion

Default Medium -> Low priority, sound problems.

Hi guys, thanks for the game good fun so far.

I'm having difficulty with the sound in the game, the phone booths - some of the character dialogue, some of the radio chatter from your helpers - it's just a little too quiet (hell, no - it's REALLY quiet)

I can make out probably only 50% of the stuff that's said to me - and the phone stuff - 80% of the phone numbers are a write off, I just plain can't hear the joke(s) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've mentioned this a couple of times on shacknews's comment system - some other people are having similar issues.
The speech subtitles are helping out great - but it's a bit of a shame.
Be nice if the engine itself or the game had code to simply silence other noises (ambient, music etc) 50% and leave the voices at 100% - would solve the issue completely (and I beleive several other games do this also)

Otherwise no issues - the difficulty bug has hit me, unfortunately - but I beleive you're working on that.

Thanks again.

abrasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
abrasion

Default Re: Medium -> Low priority, sound problems.

Anyone, Anyone?
Old 05-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Sounds like you may have your sound card setup incorrectly. Are you sure your sounds are playing through the correct speakers? Sometimes the sound can get messed up where it believes the front speakers are the rear speakers or it believes it has a center channel. If this is the case, the system will be trying to play sound (voices) through the center channel or front speakers and they are being faded out in the "rear" or not played very loudly if you lack a center. Does any of this sound like it could be the case? Check to see if your sound card is set to 5.1 mode if you only have 2 speakers.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:00 AM   #4
abrasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasion
Hi guys, thanks for the game good fun so far.

I'm having difficulty with the sound in the game, the phone booths - some of the character dialogue, some of the radio chatter from your helpers - it's just a little too quiet (hell, no - it's REALLY quiet)

I can make out probably only 50% of the stuff that's said to me - and the phone stuff - 80% of the phone numbers are a write off, I just plain can't hear the joke(s) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've mentioned this a couple of times on shacknews's comment system - some other people are having similar issues.
The speech subtitles are helping out great - but it's a bit of a shame.
Be nice if the engine itself or the game had code to simply silence other noises (ambient, music etc) 50% and leave the voices at 100% - would solve the issue completely (and I beleive several other games do this also)

Otherwise no issues - the difficulty bug has hit me, unfortunately - but I beleive you're working on that.

Thanks again.

Ok well having just finished HL2: EP1 I'm going to guess this is a steam / valve issue.

I'm curious if someone from Ritual can perhaps mention this to Valve to have a look at because it really is darn quiet in both games for me.

There needs to be a simple slider option "voice volume" and "game volume" and "music volume" - right now it doesn't have a voice one.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasion

And that would be which bug? Are you using Steam?

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #6
Aegeri
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkie
And that would be which bug? Are you using Steam?
He made the original post on the 14 of May, which is before the difficulty bug was fixed IIRC. So it probably no longer applies anymore

--------------------
It's ok to impale people just as long as you don't swear while you're doing it!
Aegeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:29 AM   #7
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegeri
He made the original post on the 14 of May, which is before the difficulty bug was fixed IIRC. So it probably no longer applies anymore
Nice good shout

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote