Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
soniczer0

Unhappy Game crashes before it even installs

Hello, hi, salud, hola, whatever. Apologies if I somehow missed another post wherein this problem was already explained, yadda yadda.

I have the DVD version of Episodes (if there's any other version), and of course I have a DVD drive. However, when I put the DVD in the drive, it locks up for a long time (3 or 4 minutes), and then inevitably crashes my PC. Yep, BSoD. Well, I say it "locks up" but actually I can do other things, yet there is no evidence of the DVD reading, and clicking on My Computer does nothing at all. Once it actually DID give me the Install screen, but while I was going through the menus, it crashed, right during the choosing of my connection. Once it crashes, I can do nothing but reach down and flip the surge suppressor.

Help? Game is brand new, still had the factory seals. I do not have Steam installed, but I was of the assumption that the game would direct you to that when it was time?
soniczer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
Zidd
Rookie

Default Re: Game crashes before it even installs

go to www.steampowered.com and download steam, create an account, and register your cd key and you can download the game on steam without any need for the dvd
Zidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
soniczer0

Default Re: Game crashes before it even installs

Surely it's not THAT easy? Hey, thanks, might as well. I had to do the same thing for FFXI a couple of years ago, because the tech guy said I had managed to buy an "overburned" CD that wouldn't run on that drive. You posting it made me remember that. Looks like I might have a cantankerous drive.
soniczer0 is offline   Reply With Quote