Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 09-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Wargumm1i

Default The game keeps getting Frozen at start up

When i start the game The Nividia starts ok then the other one and finally Sin Emergency Episode Sign comes and the game wont continue i waited for 4-5 minutes and still nothing!!! plz help i just bought this game yesterday and all my other Steam or Value games work like Half-Life 2 and stuff my computer is not out of date i just bought it in Agust 2006 the computer has very good system Geforce 7600 GT PCI Express x16 and Memory 256 and Computer AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz 1.00 GB of Ram Physical Address Extension but still the game freezez can someone give me some advice??? or someone who has bin through this or some employe can help me get through this i dont want to have return the game today or tomorrow
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
calzador
Veteran

Default Re: The game keeps getting Frozen at start up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i
i dont want to have return the game today or tomorrow
This game is one of the rare goods on mother earth which are one way only. I gave mine a good bye in that large bin in front of my house.
calzador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
MeatPuppet
Level Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i
When i start the game The Nividia starts ok then the other one and finally Sin Emergency Episode Sign comes and the game wont continue i waited for 4-5 minutes and still nothing!!! plz help i just bought this game yesterday and all my other Steam or Value games work like Half-Life 2 and stuff my computer is not out of date i just bought it in Agust 2006 the computer has very good system Geforce 7600 GT PCI Express x16 and Memory 256 and Computer AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz 1.00 GB of Ram Physical Address Extension but still the game freezez can someone give me some advice??? or someone who has bin through this or some employe can help me get through this i dont want to have return the game today or tomorrow
Are you running a firewall? If so you need to give the game permission to access the internet.
MeatPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Wargumm1i

i have Zone alarm for Firewall and i put it in game mode if that is what you mean and no still happens the same im not the best man on computers but im real out of state here should i download a patch that fix the game i mean this only happens with Sin no other game Sin 1 works just fine but Sin emergency freeze while she is just getting started.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Cloud
Experienced

Minor correction, it's Emergence not emergency. And about your problem, try to turn off Zonealarm and/or any other firewall. Game mode on my zonealarm isn't working to good.

--------------------
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
Wargumm1i

hey i just read this in Know Issues

I can't get to the main menu.

If you use ZoneAlarm or another personal firewall and do not add "SinEpisodes.exe" to the allowed programs list, the game will not get to the main menu.

If you use GoBack, please disable GoBack prior to your first play, or it can take up to six hours to get to the main menu. You can re-enable GoBack after you get to the main menu once.

im going to try it if it doesnt work im going to take your advice Cloud!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Wargumm1i

Hey it worked wow this site is really great it helped me through this and all thanks to this topic http://ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18218

But thanks anyways Cloud i know you were trying to help a fellow player as well