Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 08-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Dimedo
Casual

Send a message via ICQ to Dimedo
Default Bug in movement system

OK, I can report, that if I go down a stair while ducking, I can't stand up until I'm on the bottom. I'm always moved down automatically. In some cases I have a chance to lower my speed by pressing the backward-movement-key.

I have tested it on the rather short stairs in Arena "U4 Processing Station" and on the long stair in the beginning of Arena "The Pit". The problem is, that your movement is uncontrolled for some seconds and you can't avoid enemy shots in this time.

If you recognize this as a bug, which is what I hope, you could fix it, or make player clipping over the stairs, which I would prefer because of the better bunny-hoppabilities.

Thank you.
Dimedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Default Re: Bug in movement system

I have just tried to repro this, and I couldn't do it?

Anyone else?

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Pa3PyX
Casual

Send a message via ICQ to Pa3PyX Send a message via AIM to Pa3PyX Send a message via Yahoo to Pa3PyX

Two other annoyances (they don't fully qualify as bugs) from the same genre:

1) When carrying objects with the "use" key, Blade can press an object against a wall. The object will remain stationary. Releasing the object at this time, however (with the "use" key again, not with primary fire (throw)), makes the object bounce around instead of being set down quietly as it's supposed to work. This makes it very difficult to position the objects properly when constructing makeshift stairs, for instance, to get into some secret areas.

2) Player will occasionally get stuck and/or take lots of damage if wedged between an object and a wall, even if the object has no energy (i.e. not crushing the player). This is inherited from HL2, although thankfully the incidence of this happening is much lower than in HL2. My suspicion is that this probably results from performing an indeterminate operation (0/0 or the like) in the physics system.

3) Player movement, in general, is a lot "jerkier" when standing on objects compared to standing on the world; I don't know if it is that way by design, or the result of the client interpolation code not working properly (again, inherited from HL2).

--------------------
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. --Eldridge Cleaver

Last edited by Pa3PyX : 11-18-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Pa3PyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your mouse and keyboard.

-Maniac

--------------------
Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Meh this thread is old!

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote