Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritualistic > News Comments

Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Ritual Entertainment Levelord Talks MumboJumbo, Ritual's Future, and SiN Episodes!

..well, mainly mumbo jumbo, really. Anywho, over the weekend, we had a chance to sit down with the Levelord and discuss last week's major news of MumboJumbo assimilating Ritual into its ever-growing casual collective. The interview covers how the deal actually came about, what this all means for Ritual going forward, why we should be excited, and, naturally, SiN Episodes. Here's a clip:
What kind of games can we expect from Ritual in the future? Most people associate casual games with Solitaire...

We’re starting simple, of course, and Mumbo Jumbo has a few projects that have been waiting for attention and we are also crafting our own new ideas. The casual games market is a relatively new one, and it is growing at a phenomenal rate due to its focus on the general population rather than the smaller hardcore, genre-specific gamers. We anticipate designing a wide spectrum of games across many different platforms. Like I said earlier, except to see our games on Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network, the Wii, handhelds like the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP, and, of course, the PC.

Much will depend on the market’s demand, and also our own ability to set new trends and open innovative spaces within the casual game market.
Read the full interview to find out much more about Ritual's future.

--------------------
"Damn, a security crate!"
#ritualistic

Last edited by badman : 01-30-2007 at 08:04 AM.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert
Default Re: Levelord Talks MumboJumbo, Ritual's Future, and SiN Episodes!

I'm happy for him. As sad as I am that there won't be another SiN FPS (well, at least in the foreseeable future), I'm glad that he is doing what he enjoys. I've known that he loved mapping for Duke more than for SiN Eps because the technology was so much simpler. Hopefully they can make some games worthy of the Ritual name - and then come back and make SiN Episode 2 after they're rich! Here's hoping it doesn't take ten years...

--------------------
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
DI_MeisterM
Experienced

I think the chances are very bad, that I awake from this very bad dream or?
DI_MeisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Blade_cop
Veteran

I think by the time they finely bring Sin Episodes back, we all be old timers.

Edit:

But on the other hand, we can wait for Half-Life 2 Episodes two, three, or possibly four because they are so alive and kicking!!

Last edited by Blade_cop : 01-30-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Blade_cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
DI_MeisterM
Experienced

Bah, HL2 != SiN...
DI_MeisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
mongis
Rookie

"What we plan to do right now, both Ritual and MumboJumbo, is establish ourselves in the casual gaming market with strong new franchises and then return to SiN at a later date. We love SiN, make no mistake, and we definitely want to return to it."

Well, that has an optimistic ring to it... kinda. But I guess it isn't exactly a reason to hold one's breath..
mongis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Apprentice
Veteran

Quote:
To be honest? …we’re enjoying the hell out of doing something different than hardcore shooters, and the variations within the casual game market makes us even more enthusiastic! These small games have some tremendous advantages, too!

We, MumboJumbo and Ritual, saw this merger as an incredible opportunity for both of us, and we haven’t been happier since! Personally, I've never been this happy in the gaming industry, …and I've been pretty happy many times Everyone at Ritual is enthusiastic (read: "happy"), too, and we hope our fans are happy for us!
Somehow I doubt if he is really happy with it. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to leave Ritual/MJ and applies somewhere else . . .

--------------------
Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
Frostbite
Casual

Ok, NOW RELEASE THE FULL SDK RAWRFKGDLFG sorry...
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #9
Onden
Regular

I just don't see another Sin game happening. Obviously they can't come to market with Episode 2 two or three years from now and expect to just pick up from Episode 1.

Clearly whatever was begun with Episode 1 is now dead. Even if they want to keep the IP alive, they'd have to pretend Episode 1 never existed or it would be completely ridiculous otherwise.

So what happens then, they start a new sequel to Sin? By that point Sin will be so old and irrelevant that I can't see that being a good idea.

I mean how many failed outings (sorry 150,000 copies is not that impressive) does the franchise get before they decide they should just move on?

I think all this "maybe, possibly, we want" stuff is just bullcrap rhetoric meant to string along fans of the series for some perverse reason.
Onden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
Unregistered

This made me sad
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #11
JamesBrown
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
..well, mainly mumbo jumbo, really. Anywho, over the weekend, we had a chance to sit down with the Levelord and discuss last week's major news of MumboJumbo assimilating Ritual into its ever-growing casual collective. The interview covers how the deal actually came about, what this all means for Ritual going forward, why we should be excited, and, naturally, SiN Episodes. Here's a clip:
What kind of games can we expect from Ritual in the future? Most people associate casual games with Solitaire...

We’re starting simple, of course, and Mumbo Jumbo has a few projects that have been waiting for attention and we are also crafting our own new ideas. The casual games market is a relatively new one, and it is growing at a phenomenal rate due to its focus on the general population rather than the smaller hardcore, genre-specific gamers. We anticipate designing a wide spectrum of games across many different platforms. Like I said earlier, except to see our games on Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network, the Wii, handhelds like the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP, and, of course, the PC.

Much will depend on the market’s demand, and also our own ability to set new trends and open innovative spaces within the casual game market.
Read the full interview to find out much more about Ritual's future.
As community relations manager for Ritual, can you ask if the
Sin 1 patch that was supposed to come out will still be released?
It wouldn't hurt them none to just release it since it was
supposed to be finished anyway.
JamesBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 AM   #12
elwing
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
As community relations manager for Ritual, can you ask if the
Sin 1 patch that was supposed to come out will still be released?
It wouldn't hurt them none to just release it since it was
supposed to be finished anyway.
yes, that was what I've been asking for ages, please release that, even if it's not wholy finished, we need it
elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #13
Blade_cop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing View Post
yes, that was what I've been asking for ages, please release that, even if it's not wholy finished, we need it
Please also release Wages of Sin Steam.
Blade_cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Finally a word from ritual itself, i'm glad too if they have a chance to survive by this action, ritual really deserves it after all these years. I wish my best to their future, and i'm going to miss Sin episodes.

Oh, i almost forgot, release that god damn patch now, there is no reason to forget us.
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #15
elwing
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_cop View Post
Please also release Wages of Sin Steam.
lol, that would be great, but i do not see why they'll give up a free game, i'm not even sure that ritual own the right over wos... anyway the patch will allow us to use mod, meaning that people who own wos will be able to use it... (it might be a bit tricky i think ) lol, please give us some news on that patch
elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #16
PizzasRgooD
Regular

I'm not a fan of ritual or levelord, I'm a fan of their games. This doesn't make me feel any better. They just went from doing star wars to doing benny hill, yeah I'm sure they'll have fun but I'm not buying.
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:30 AM   #17
RATBURN360
Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to RATBURN360

I'll miss you, SiN... for now.

--------------------
The price of freedom is Eternal Vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
SiNNER for life.
RATBURN360 is offline   Reply With Quote