Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
helious
Rookie

Default SiN: Source

I Have started making a complete SiN Makeover (Inspired by Black Mesa Source), and i am in desperate need of some help.

Its pretty tough doing it all by your self, and therefore i need some staff members, with the skills, the time and the passion for SiN. Remember. This will become a quality Mod, and therefore i need people capable of making quality Levels, Textures, Weapon modelling, etc.

I hope some of you guys want to help me out. Together we can make this happen.

These are the people i need:

Level Designers, capable of making complex levels, with the original SiN level in mind, but with creative additions to the Level (Ref. Black Mesa Source)

Texture artists, capable of making high res textures (For now, we will use the textures provided in the SiN Episodes SDK)

Weapon Modellers, capable of making high quality models of the Original SiN weapons (Except the Assault Rifle, The magnum and the Shotgun)

Prop Modellers, capable of making high quality models of the Original SiN elements( For now we will use the original Sin Episodes Props)

Programmer, who can put all the maps, guns, etc into one working package, and make a website for the mod.

Artist, who can make a cool looking menu, the Hud, and general Gui.

I hope you guys want to help me out here.
I my self have already startet on the level designs
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
Kobi

Default Re: SiN: Source

I'm on the Black Mesa mod as a prop artist and you seem to wanna work hard on this but let me give you a few words of advice.

Get a writer for help or do all the paperwork yourself. Someone that handles all the needed dialog and even writes down events that are gonna happen. This is essential and maybe even the most important role. You need to get everything on paper and plan the chapters carefully.
Every map should be on paper and carefully planed before you start to map it in hammer. Essentially, the more you have planed the easier others that join your project will have to work on it.

You all can of course start of and map the base for it but since SiN is a storybased shooter allot of research and such is needed. And the story script you have to be quite carefull with. We all have a hint on episode to but after that everyone is clueless.

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/sh...489#post176489

Here's another fan with the same idea. Put your heads together and we'll see what comes out of this. Good luck.

--------------------
www.leveldesign.nu
Black Mesa
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Radox
Casual

Hey, if you want, check out my mod "Sinwizard" in the Sin 1 section of the forum. I fixed some annoying bugs in the game
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
T0ssu
Veteran

SiN: Source sounds good. I hope you find good team to work with it
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
JohnRBladekicksass
Regular

Thumbs up Re: SiN: Source

This would be great I hope you get what you neeed =].
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Andy3012
Rookie

Red face Re: SiN: Source

Are you still trying to make this "re-release" i am totally interested i had the same idea myself and came on here to see if anybody else shared my visions.

I have a lot of ideas on how this should be made.
A few thoughts i have:

.Use as many textures and models as possible from Emergence
.Create a few new textures for the existing models i.e. the grunts
.Use as many sounds from emergence as possible and also use ones from the original sin game (i.e comms between blade + jc and grunt/jump/and blades rants sounds)
.recreate the original sin music to give the same old effect only with a sense of newness
.Only a few models will be needed - weapons/builders and the truck things you drive.
.Use Emergence HUD.

As you can see everything i have stated above is mainly in keeping with emergence. I feel this makes the game feel more "on par" with each other if you catch my drift. You will be able to play the remade sin and jump straight into emergence without it feeling like a whole new game. Of course there other ideas i have in mind but first things first get a website up and running with forums, project outline, recruitment application and FAQ.

I can also help with Level Making and Skinning (having created a few unreleased CSS maps/models but cba with uploading them :P)

P.S. by keeping things in keeping with emergence it makes it way more up to date though i do suppose you could remake the menu screen (though keep the music, i think it rocks)

Edit: If i can get some interest and perhaps a team of players i will be more than happy to lead; Design/create and pay for a website and already have my own ventrillo (makes communicating a damn sight easier).
If i can get just a few names of dedicated interest i will start making the above preparations. And i will be asking on valve forums aswell

Last edited by Andy3012 : 08-10-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
metalseed
Rookie

Sounds good. I am looking forward to this.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
Addicted_To_SiN

Send a message via Skype™ to Addicted_To_SiN

hey ppl every true SiN fan can PM me or find me in skype-nfs_maniac or AIM-nfsmaniac88 i am sick of haters !! Please the real fans should connect me !
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
JackSpicer_26
Rookie

Well, I do hope you go well with your mod.
I wish you the best of luck.

Just don't change Elexis' clothing.
Her face looks way perfect. Just re-skin her red clothe to silver instead.

I can't wait to hear updates on this mod.

--------------------
Why in the world would I use a stupid signature?!!!
Seriously; I HAVE TEH BEST SIGNAHTURH IN TEH WORLD! :P
Old 09-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #10
Senast
Experienced

I've never really discussed this topic much, but once I wanted to something similiar, but realized it impossible todo without one heck of a good coder on your side and a huge team. SiN is kinda dying. You woundn't find someone to help you out easily. Best of luck to you and your future projects.

--------------------

My Latest Map
Submerge Beta 3

My Latest Project
SiN Episodes: Jessica's Emergence
Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
metalseed
Rookie

Don't let it die. Ppl still want to play!
Closed Thread