Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 05-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to 110576
Red face How to add Bots

Hello everyone!
Im a 'beginning' mapper(I've been busy for 3 months now) and i have a question and i cant find the awnser.

How to make a map bot compatible? I placed pathnodes at all the spots they can walk and I did an full compile. And i made the mp starting points with team colors. But for some reason the message 'AAS not initialized' still appears.
Im not talking about the characters/bots you can place in radient but the ones you select in the game menu.
How can i fix this?
110576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss
Default Re: Bot question

Look at the map (copy it to your game directory and open with the Überradiant) dm_ctf_station it is in the radiant install folder: base\maps\dm_ctf_station.map

You need to place info_helpernode,
info_pathnodes are only for NPC/AI, not for bots, the path for bots is calculated during BOT COMPILE (creates the AAS file!). The attributes you can set at the check-boxes have no effect on the bots, they are for the NPC/AI.

You will need to set the attribute weight with a value from 300 to 1000, that helps the bots to decide a route.

If you do not place the nodes correctly at weapons(600 to 800), lifts (1000), corridors (300 to 500) and important places where multiple nodes lead to other ways(400 / 600 / 700 / 800 / 900 depending on how many other nodes are near by) the bots might travel between the nodes and get stuck, like it is patrolling that path.

That patrolling problem happens on the map dm_ctf_station downstairs where the I-Mod and the Torpedo is.

You can do the BOT COMPILE separate to test the BOTS only, then you need to load the map, and wait for the game to do the rest of the compiling for the bots. You can see the status of the process in the game console, that might take up to 10 minutes depending on your map.

Good luck, and if you need someone to test let me know, I'd be happy to.

Last edited by Chriss : 06-03-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: need to load the map, and console part
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss
Default Re: How to add Bots

I had this thread split up and moved the spawning issue there:
http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20398
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote