Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
uberlafo

Question EF2 and HM FAKK2 freeze

Hokay Im having trouble with EF2 and Heavy Metal FAKK2.

Lets start with EF2, the game freezes sometimes in menu sometimes in game. It simply stops, the screen is frozen and sound gets really unpleasant (u know like bzzzzzzzz...), alt+f4 or ctrl+alt+del doesnt work and I have to restart my PC.

Now the same problem is with FAKK, but it only freezes in game not menu. Last night when I installed the game I played it for about 4-5 minutes before freeze. It happened during training mission, when that chick started to tell me about HUD and dual hand weapons, screen froze but sound got really slow i could understand her but she was speaking reeeeealy slow.

I can play other quake engine games without a problem (Elite Force, SW Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Quake....) I seem to only have problems with these two "ritual games".

Core2Duo E8400
MSI P43 Neo-F
Radeon 4670 512MB
Kingston 4 Gigs 800 Mhz
Windows 7 64bit
uberlafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss
Default Re: EF2 and HM FAKK2 freeze

That is what we know so far:
The Radeon HD series has Driver issues with all id-tech3 based games.
Assuming this issue has been fixed, perhaps the id-tech3 engine with rituals Übertools has been forgotten, how ever, you should contact ATI Support about this issue, the games have been released quite a few years back and have not been changed since then.

If it is a Übertools related issue, you should have issues with all the game listed here.

Last edited by Chriss : 11-07-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote