Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 03-06-2000, 04:17 PM   #1
Foo
Fanatic

Default LPB Bashing... still !?

What are the #'s now? From my experience, it's 50/50... half the gamers out there are on cable/DSL, other half are still on prozaic dial-up.

Anyways, I was playing DM today in SiNGate, and this total ASS came in and he was nice at first, but little did I know, he was prepping me for a "verbal" attack.

Here, I condump'd the console, read this txt: http://www.urbanwarfare.com/lpb.txt

I thought this kinda stuff was so old ... and that whats the point in crying and whining when technology is moving so fast and everything is being upgraded and everyone is getting hook-ups everywhere, and it's just a matter of short time.

Everything this guy was doing was exactly how I was just before I got cable (and I was on my fck-up 600ping 56k connect), I was bashing LPBs left and right, and going on rage floods in servers, just like this guy did in the following round after that text file above.

When he gets cable/DSL soon, he's gonna turn into a big-ass arrogant LPB just like me... and he'll be saying "Get out of my way, dumb-ass HPBs"...

Here's something for ya if you're reading this buddy:

Do you WANT to stay on 33.6/56k forever? Do you think games will keep being made for your dial-up ass? Why are you holding back technology by promoting dial-up? Do you live on Fajutitajah or whatever frooty toot toot island in the Pacific that there is absolutely no chance of getting broadbandwidth in this century? (well actually you could get satalite lol)...

JUST BE PATIENT .. you'll get you hook-up.

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 04:45 PM   #2
CMB
Addict

Default Re: LPB Bashing... still !?

Hey. **** you. Take your 200 person ICQ list and shove it up your ass you spagettio eating faggot. What world are you on pal? It's no where close to 50/50...I don't even have cable television, let alone a cable modem. Nobody wants a slow internet connection asshole, they're forced to use one. You said yourself you were a little whiney faggot like that guy when you had a 56K...now you have cable and you think everybody else is just as happy as your are?
**** no. 'compliments my skills' Yeah, whatever ass pounder. We'll ****ing see about that.

- CMB
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 05:06 PM   #3
TheDarthJedi
Levelord Groupie

lmao! those guyes must be a bunca "newbies" anyway..

------------------
e-mail: JediMaster@austin.rr.com
-------
Ta-heck with signatures!
(Insert Star Wars quote HERE)
Jedi2908 - AOL-AIM program
-DarthJedi -mplayer-
-TheDarthJedi -<i<heat/Zone/Kali[/i]
-TheDarthJediPOD -Gamespy
-TheDarthJedi[SiN] -UT/Tribes/& others

[This message has been edited by TheDarthJedi (edited 03-06-2000).]
TheDarthJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 06:59 PM   #4
slayerjon
Regular

thanks rit admin :P
slayerjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 07:22 PM   #5
CMB
Addict

No problem SlayerSlut.

- CMB
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 08:01 PM   #6
slayerjon
Regular

slayerjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 08:47 PM   #7
The MiMiC
Veteran

What planet are you living on? 50/50? HA!
And as for all this "it'll come" bullshit, shhhyeah right!
I've lived here 6 years, and they've only gotten local dial-up service within the last 4!
The next town down the road, about 20 miles away, does have cable, and have for a while, BUT IT'S NOT HERE!!!!
What absolutely kills me is people who bitch about bad connections, whine how they don't have anything better, and then turn around when something better comes along and start in with the "just wait, it's coming" talk.
[sarcasm]Wait patiently like you, and everyone else who finally got a better connection, did?[/sarcasm]
I know you didn't like it when everyone said in that same tone to you to wait, so why do you insist on saying it to everyone else?
The MiMiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 09:01 PM   #8
kAmALA
Levelord Groupie

hpb suck
kAmALA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 09:23 PM   #9
Bass2496
Fanatic

I think some of Foo's arguements are lame, but those guys were being REALLY lame.

------------------
that's bass as in the instrument, not the fish

Bass2496(BaS)
Lead Programmer, Project Developer
www.ritualistic.com/modshack
Email: bass2496@home.com

Bass2496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 10:03 PM   #10
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

CMB + HPB = Go Yank A Goat!

LPB's Rule.

(A Little Tune From CMB's Favorite Show Hee Haw)
Glooom Despair and Agony On Me (I'm CMB)
Deep Dark Depression, Excessive Misery
If It Weren't For Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck
At All
Gloom Despair And An HPB I Be (I'm CMB)

Hummed Whilst Whacking Goat's In ArkySaw!

JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2000, 10:06 PM   #11
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Oh and go ahead with your usually feckless attempt at some retort.

I Like To Laugh AT You, You Fookin' Felcher.

(**Ping Flash From JeZZy's House**)

ADSL Humming at 1.43 and a 47 Ping!

LOL! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 03-06-2000, 11:08 PM   #12
Foo
Fanatic

From MY experience in gaming (Quake series, Unreal series, SiN, Shogo, SoF... etc etc etc)... it HAS been 50/50 as of late.

Every week I meet 2 or 3 ppl'z who just got hookered up with cable or DSL and are telling me how great it is.

So, am I supposed to ignore what I see and hear for myself in the gaming world? And supposed to conform to YOUR opinions and views?

My POV is my own... why can't I vocalize it in a polite manner on a PUBLIC FORUM?

Now, the issue here is NOT me... it's the HPBs out there that are crying over their relatively poor internet connections.

What the hell do you HPBs think? That if cable/DSL is available in someones' area, that they'll not get it, and stick with 33.6/56k JUST to stay honourable with the other HPBs? SHYEA hahhaa my ASS!

Do you actually think one individual person cares about any other gamers' connection to the internet enough to change their own ways?

Do you expect people to not go and play online multiplayer gaming if they have a kick-ass net connection, just to make you happy?

Do LPBs care what you say? No...

The whole point of getting a good net connection is to go out and play MORE and have a more fun time doing it.

I don't see the argument HPBs have...
Explain to me who all those prostars, who kick my ass with 400 ping, are?

Tell me this, what would happen if you were at some suburb midnight dragrace... and you get your Miata driving ass kicked by some dude in a Mustang... would you whine about it to the others? No you wouldn't... cuz you'd get your ass kicked.

Too bad that can't happen on the net... virtual ass-kicking.

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Old 03-06-2000, 11:08 PM   #13
12Gauge TNT
Fanboy

hell jezzy, CMB put out a well crafted retort to foo's llama-dom...of course it was done with the usual CMB style, which helps. it's true enough though, foo is making some ridiculous statements. it is not even close to 50/50 for broadband vs modem. there are tons of areas in the country that have no chance of getting cable/dsl for some time to come, if ever. I dont really get foo's point either since he admits that he did the same thing when he was on dialup. now since he's a lucky punter and has DSL or cable or whatever, he feels that he can bitch about modem players exhibiting the exact same attitude that he previously had? BS.

compliments your skills...f u you arrogant shit.

12Gauge TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 12:22 AM   #14
The MiMiC
Veteran

Just curious, where here did anyone say you shouldn't get your better connection? And as for a virtual ass kicking, going by what you're saying, you should have had your virtual ass kicked long ago, at such time that you were a hpb. And, if you have the right to brag about you're connection (and yes you are, you've mentioned in several posts, if I remember correctly, how much you like your connection and how us hpb's should BE PATIENT, YOU'LL GET YOUR HOOKUP), then a hpb should have the same right to complain about theirs. I'll agree that you shouldn't be an ass to someone about their connection, because a person usually has the best that's available where they live. BUT, it works BOTH ways, and don't expect me to not be a jerk over your good connection, when you're belittling me over my bad one.

One other thing: holding up technology by promoting dial-up? Who in their right mind would promote dial-up over something better?
I use what I can get, and can afford. And how is anyone using dial-up promoting it?
Should I just get off the internet entirely and just wait around for something better to come along?
Ain't gonna happen.

[This message has been edited by The MiMiC (edited 03-07-2000).]
Old 03-07-2000, 03:08 AM   #15
Kenny

<BODY BGCOLOR="000000">
<h2>Kenny™ wants DSL.</h2>
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 07:40 AM   #16
Smack2
Levelord Groupie

Location: The smoggy hell of DFW, where the buffalo choke to death on the exhaust fumes ..

There's a bit of difference between bitching about the state of your dialup connection and flat-out accusing someone of 1) having no skill at all because they have a low ping and 2) calling someone a cheater because they have a ping advantage. Everybody knows having to play online games (or even surf, for that matter) on a dialup connection sucks. And everyone has experienced, at some point, the frustration of having a perfectly good HPW game shortened by the entrance of the guy for @Home with the 35 ping. It's also frustrating when you're the LPB and the only games you can find are loaded with HPW's - there's no challenge (and IMHO, no fun) in fragging someone who might freeze in midair at any moment, or who's only getting 1 packet to the server for every 10 that you're getting. That sucks for both parties. On the other hand, I've been in matches where the guy with the 275-350 ping whipped the collective asses of all the LPB's on the server.

Unfortunately, there's always gonna be folks who 1) use the LPB advantage to go in and wipe out HPW crews just because they can 2) HPW's who stop playing and start crying 'Cheater!' when they are getting mowed down by someone who's got a 250 ms lead on them. An application of common sense by both sides would lead to a lot more good games instead of all the pissing and moaning by all involved ...

Just my $.05 ...

------------------
Smack2[SiN]
'Don't call me Shirley.'
Smack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 09:26 AM   #17
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

12-

Well Crafted Retort?

Every 5th word is a F*** this or some Homophobic babble. So toss out that shit and I might actually agree with some of the argument (Cuz yeah I think there are many low income or out of range individuals who would love to be an LPB-But that's no reason to bash those who are).

BUT, his attempt at keeping some "on-line forum" "jack-ass now" image is tiring at best.

Wanna be a jack-ass, then expect me to think of him as one. He was the poster boy on that response.

Old 03-07-2000, 09:33 AM   #18
Ahz
Fanboy

Come up here to Canada'eh for some DSL luvin!

Ahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 10:16 AM   #19
Foo
Fanatic

I snipped a lot out of that txt file... I should've included somethings.

First of all, all I was doing was playing, quietly, minding my own business, and actually having some nice battles with the other dude that was in there.

This guy comes in, and starts this shit with me. I wasn't HPB bashing or anything, I was just playing...

So all of my so called "comments" and "HPB bashing" and what not, is just a reaction to the LPB bashing in the beginning (in that one DM round of SiN)...

If I never had encountered that dude in SiN yesterday, I wouldn't even be THINKING about HPB vs LPB... it's not on my mind anymore, and I don't care about it when it doesn't affect me.

Some of you are brining up the fact that I was once an HPB, and doing the same stuff as that dude was... but I was trying to make a point that he doesn't have justification as an HPB to do that... >>> I mention that in my experience, the ratio is 50/50 and connections are being upgraded so fast.

No shit people get what is the best connection they can get in their area (price, bandwidth, reliability, availability the major factors in determining what connection you'll get)... so why is it so bad that LPBs have a connection such as they have?

Why is it THEIR fault that they just want to have a more enjoyable game... and want faster downloads, and no disconnects?

It's sad... but logical, and common sense... that part of winning a game (certain games), is in the tools you use.

F1 or stock car racing wins are half due to the driver, and half due to the car.

Military victories are half due to the soldiers, and half due to their arms and equipment.

Online multiplayer first-person shooter games are won, half due to the player, and half due to his hardware.

Of course there is no fine line in-between... one player may be able to do more with a certain type of hardware configuration than the next guy (thats where those good HPBs come in).

Is it my fault you have to race with me and my super-charged chariot (cable connected box)?

Don't come back to the pit (between death and respawn) and whine to me over the radio (chat) about my f'ing souped up machine and why it's unfair.

HERE'S A BETTER IDEA:

Go whine to your f'ing local cable company about how it's unfair you don't have the hook-ups yet, but your fellow online "chums" in XXX city do.

(BTW, my box is not so hot... 233mmx, V2 8mb... running 640res, 8bit... frame rate is a roller coaster)

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Old 03-07-2000, 10:16 AM   #20
Smack2
Levelord Groupie

Location: The smoggy hell of DFW, where the buffalo choke to death on the exhaust fumes ..

Ahz - as long as I can have a Moosehead, hoser .

------------------
Smack2[SiN]
'Don't call me Shirley eh?'

[This message has been edited by Smack2 (edited 03-07-2000).]
Smack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 10:22 AM   #21
Foo
Fanatic

Damnit I forgot to add one more thing...

The round after that initial HPB conflict, the dude was flooding the chat with gibberish and the odd "f*ck you foo" for about 5-10 minutes, with everyone (3 more ppl joined the round... playing normally with me) complaining and telling him to shutup...

(too bad I didn't condump later and get all that... btw if you want the original unsnipped one, here: http://www.urbanwarfare.com/lpb2.txt)

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Old 03-07-2000, 02:16 PM   #22
Foo
Fanatic

Thank you Apex =)

Well, I don't know about you... but in more rural areas around here (S Ontario), residents have cable access, sure, but it's actually FASTER than here in the city (less bandwidth being shared...?).

It's not like cable and DSL are the only type of connections that are out there. I mean satalite, radio, and powerline forms of internet access do exist and are still being tested and developed.

People are pouring into the net and everything is getting cheaper.

It's not like dial-up connections are going to last forever... totally not.

Someone above, mention waiting 6 years for cable/DSL... uhh hello, it's only exploded in the past 2 years. If you call up your phone/cable company and ask questions you may find some relief.

If your local companies have no plans to upgrade whatsoever, than thats just too bad for you... that you live in such an area without the customer base to justify creating a highspeed network.

I'm sick of all this talk... and I wouldn't be discussing this at all if it weren't for the ass HPBs that keep whining and whining inside of game servers. Come whine on the forums, or wherever... leave the servers for playing.

By HPB logic, everyone in the world should stay on 56k until there is some consistent world-wide multi-gig-per-second wireless network (shyea, in 20 years!)... please.. give me a break.

The only way we're all going to progress to higher technology is if bit-by-bit everyone and all areas get upgraded... some people will always be behind others in technology.

God, I have an f'ing 233mmx... and I get totally f'ing annoyed with 3ds max crashing, or me having to play in minimal game resolutions and with 3d model quality reduced to just blocks...

Do I f'ing whine to you dudes with 400mhz? 500mhz? GOD... 1 f'ing GHZ now... and why can't I upgrade? cuz I don't have the $$$ to.

HPB vs LPB is a fun topic to play with sometimes... when friends and clan members joke around... but when it comes to childish behaviour inside a game server... it has to stop.

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Old 03-07-2000, 03:30 PM   #23
Rome MiB
Levelord Groupie

Damnit, I'm just not in the mood to troll Foo's posts
Argh, what has happened to me!?!?
I wish I was dead!

------------------
Rome[DaB]???
Secret member of the J*ck*ssNow! club.
Rome MiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2000, 08:40 PM   #24
The MiMiC
Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>By HPB logic, everyone in the world should stay on 56k until there is some consistent world-wide multi-gig-per-second wireless network (shyea, in 20 years!)... please.. give me a break.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comments:
1. I don't expect anyone to stick with a 56k connection, and I'm a HPB. I never have, never will, and as soons as I get the chance to upgrade my connection, I'm doing it. I'm just not going to go into a game with my screaming fast connection, kill several people, and all the while continually hit bound keys putting them down, or bragging about my skills, like some LPB's I've played with do. You have to admit, that's just as annoying and prevalent as whining HPB's.
2. You say wait patiently, it's comming. Now you're saying it's going to be 20 years of waiting? I know, that's not specifically what you're saying, but by that comment even you admit it's going to take more than a little while for relief for us poor souls to arrive.
3. You misquote me, I didn't say I was waiting 6 years for cable/dsl. And I know they've only gotten bigger, or appeared on the scene, fairly recently. But, cable and isdn have been around longer than 2 years, and my point was that dial-up had been around even longer, and still had only just recently gotten here locally.
Old 03-07-2000, 09:37 PM   #25
Big Nasty
Fanatic

w00p!
w00p!

------------------
"Wanna see something Big and Nasty?"
Big Nasty [TnT]
Big Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote