Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 10-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
Dominick

Default Changing FOV in cutscenes

Anyone aware of a way, or know where the settings are stored, to change the Field of View [FOV] of an in-game cutscene?

Fov settings entered into the console work but do not register for the cutscenes even though they are done with the game engine.

Thanks
Dominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Radox
Casual

Default Re: Changing FOV in cutscenes

Why would you need this ???

It can be done by messing up with the .map files of the cut scenes (yes, they are considered separate levels), and ading the "/FOV XX" line in the beginning of them. Before that, you'll need to extract the .map files from PAK0.PAK
Radox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Dominick

Default Re: Changing FOV in cutscenes

Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to adapt the game for the Matrox Triplehead2go to play across 3 screens: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/home/

I have managed to hex edit triple screen resolutions like 3024x768 etc, but of course the field of view sometimes does not follow in some games.

Sin looks great with such a panoramic view. I've successfully done the same for heretic 2 and am also in the process of trying to achieve the same in Anachronox [all quake2 engines].

I have some of the tools for extracting the sin pak files, so hopefully it won't be long before I have a working solution...
Dominick is offline   Reply With Quote