Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 12-15-2000, 02:01 AM   #1
STATIC3D
Addict

Default Weapons Factory for UT...

OK, for you UT players out there that may not know, there is a mod (about to hit beta before Christmas) that should be worth checkin out.

Weapon Factory UT (WFUT), a class based CTF game simular to the already popular Team Fortress, Team Fortress Classic, Quake 2 Weapon Factory (Q2WF) and Quake 3 Weapon Factory Arena (Q3WFA).

The dev group is focusing on making WFUT a "team" based game where it's more than a map full of wanna-be quarterback flag cappers. After playin a good bit of Q3:WFA I can say I am looking foreward to what they have to offer with this version.

In some of the current WF/TF mods it is a common thing to see one class, or particular tactic, rule/win match after match (play Q3WFA and you will see this in the Cyborg class with Plasma Bombs). From what I have read, it seems like the mod developers are trying to balance the characters and gameplay a bit more for WFUT.
http://www.planetunreal.com/weaponsfactory/

one note, some of the info on the character classes is not current(armour, speeds...etc.)

------------------
"To expect mercy from your enemies is to accept defeat!"
STATIC3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 06:56 AM   #2
Icculus [LoK]
Addict

Default Re: Weapons Factory for UT...

oh dear lord this mod infected another game
Icculus [LoK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 03:32 PM   #3
Tash
Experienced

I've been looking forward to UT WF. I was a BIG Q2 WF player. I don't like WFA & don't play it. The new gunner is lame & can't even stop a friggn recon by herself in those huge flag rooms.

[This message has been edited by Tash (edited December 15, 2000).]
Tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 09:26 PM   #4
STATIC3D
Addict

Tash - Yeah the new gunner was effectively castrated in WFA (not meaning the fact that it's a female model...lol).

I played a good bit of Q3WFA. After the last version was released, I got REAL tired of the OVERUSED tacticts in most of the maps.

Overused tactics like:
1) Cyborg enters flag room.
2) Cyborg charges a plasma bomb (a timed charge for the 3 diff levels of power).
3) Cyborg nukes self and/or is killed (before plasma bomb is fully charged).
4) Plasma bomb goes off at a FULLY CHARGED state, even thou the Cyborg was killed .02 seconds after starting to charge the bomb, killing everyone in sight.
5) Anyone from opposing team waltzes in and takes the flag.

Then a LOT of the maps are either so enclosed that it's a turtle-fest...OR...they are so huge that the flag is damn near non-defensible.

The turtle fest maps usually end in a 1-0 score (and almost always in overtime).
The open maps usually end up with a very high or completely lopsided score.

I am REALLY hoping they balance the WFUT gameplay so there are more battles and not the same-ole, same-ole tactic "replays"...
Old 12-15-2000, 09:47 PM   #5
PHATino
Veteran

lol
icc remember taht 2 day period when we got hooked on that mod for q3?

rofl

------------------
The Phattest Latino there is
PHATino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 02:25 PM   #6
Icculus [LoK]
Addict

it had a grapple and i was looking for a sinctf/actf replacment , this was definetly not it
Icculus [LoK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 07:10 PM   #7
STATIC3D
Addict

LOL...yeah I am not "that" STATIC...I'm STATIC3D...been that for several years now.

But, in WFA land I used a diff name, mainly cuzz I was just tryin in out for a while...didn't wanna tarnish my STATIC3D name if my Q3:WFA skillz sucked...lol.

Then, since I had been using that name for a while, I ended up just stickin with it, cuz I got to know a couple of people and just figured "what the hey"...

I was mainly bored when I came up with the name...and have actually been on servers with other people usin the same name...hehe

It was "LOW AMMO WARNING"...yeps the message you get in Q3 when you are bout to be out of ammo. Funniest part is, I have actually seen people run off to get ammo when they have seen me...LMAO

Actually, I have been in contact with the WFUT people and sending them a suggestion or two...looks like WFUT is gonna be a damned site more balanced than Q3:WFA...(fingers crossed).

One example, the cyborg (the way it is now) will no longer be able to charge a PB unless his feet are on the ground... :}

------------------
Old 12-20-2000, 08:06 PM   #8
PHATino
Veteran

hehe

in ra3 there is some fag who's name is like 40 squares, and if you have display name on you can't see him cause his squarese are blocking it.
so you gotta turn it off.

thats my story

------------------
The Phattest Latino there is
PHATino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 12:19 AM   #9
Tash
Experienced

Yup, newbs love to annoy people with the cyborg. That is nothing new. They did in in Q2.

The gunner can't push the borg back now so its impossible to stop plasma attacks.

Agreed, the maps are just not balanced.

YOu don't sound like the Static that is head of WFA development. Do you go by another name in WFA land?
Old 12-22-2000, 12:48 AM   #10
Tash
Experienced

Yup, you are to logical & resonable to be Static

I wish Tumerhead was still in charge. Static has this "My way or the highway" attitude. He is flooded with complaints and thinks its everyone else that has the problem. Sorta like that idiot that put out Drakana.

WFA is not even half as popular as Q2 WF was in its hey day. Its because Static likes big maps and weak defenses. The fool even wants to restrict the number of players on a servers. Many old schoolers left the game & say Static is the reason why.

The marine is a god class. As a gunner, I run when I am confronted with one because he can kill me so easy with spash damage. I hafta aim perfect to kill with a mega. And the mega is too weak.

The game is no fun.
Old 12-22-2000, 01:22 AM   #11
STATIC3D
Addict

Yeah, WFA has a LOT of problems. After the last release the weakened the gunner so much that it is barely worth using her. A marine works as better D instead of the gunner now.

Marines used to need 4 rockets to kill her, now they need 3. And, her mega's push (force it shoves enemies back, or does not let them advance) was weakend too. It's not bad enuff she can't move and has to aim when using that thing, but now it's so weak usin it ain't worth squat.

Most of the maps out are either SO open that anyone can come in and get the flag...or...so closed off (or has so many choke points) that people turtle and spam the doorways. I prefer a map with a good middle ground fight. If you start to win that battle and push back the other team...THEN you reach the flag room...not just waltz in and take the flag cuz they have little to no way to defend it.

The thing that sux the worst thou (IMHO) is the power of the cyborg...I mean GEEZ...he can:
A) Use "seeking" sentry killer RL (no aimin required)
B) Can nuke himself (10 sec countdown) and take everyone around him out.
C) Can leave plasma bombs that explode with full force even if the borg was killed .02 seconds after starting to charge it.
D) Do the strafe jump from hell and move faster than a LOT of the other classes in the game (a Q3 engine thing I guess). One of the WFUT guys referred to this as the "frieght train of death" speed...lol.

Luckily, it looks like the borg in WFUT is gonna be a good bit more balanced. :}
AND, they are open to suggestions...they want to make a mod people will want to play.

------------------