Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 11-03-1999, 12:23 AM   #1
Icculus LoK
Fanatic

Default Sin coming back to life ?

i dont know if its me or what , but it seems sin has more life to it these days , more action on GS clan matches going on ,servers too and heat even has more newbies.. am i worng here ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoK Site
<marquee bgcolor="#000000" behavior="left">Play Spear Arena Spear.zip
</marquee>
<marquee bgcolor="#000000" behavior="alternate">Check out LoK's New CTF server!! <FONT COLOR="#0000FF">208.44.82.251:22450
</marquee>

[This message has been edited by Icculus LoK (edited 11-03-99).]
Icculus LoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 12:49 AM   #2
Yenlo
Experienced

Default Re: Sin coming back to life ?

There is just something about this game that gets you hooked. Maybe it is due to the fact that Sin was the first PC multiplayer game I ever played, but I just can't get into other games. I like UT, but at this point can't see myself playing it hours on end --- the movement seems odd and I dont really care for the enclosed maps (I think I have a case of gaming Claustrophobia or something). The movement in Sin is so smooth and levels kick ass.

------------------
Yenlo
icq#34680417

Yenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 09:40 AM   #3
Foo
Fanatic

Yea mano... it has started coming back to life...

Right around the time I came back and started posting... what a coincidence... LOL.
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 10:06 AM   #4
Icculus LoK
Fanatic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoK <<<Check Out Our Site
<marquee bgcolor="#000000" behavior="left">Play Spear Arena Spear.zip
</marquee>
<marquee bgcolor="#000000" behavior="alternate">Check out LoK's New CTF server!! <FONT COLOR="#0000FF">208.44.82.251:22450
</marquee>

[This message has been edited by Icculus LoK (edited 11-03-99).]
Old 11-03-1999, 05:52 PM   #5
danzig
Veteran

sin was also my first pc game, and im hooked. its the levels, the storylines, the weapons, the graphix, everything about this game is awesome! im in love with it. and the fact that the community tends to be tighter than any other game community ive ever seen. its just a reaLLY RAD thing to be involved with. i dig the sound effect to. and the gibbing annimations. any way, this game is just plain superior.

------------------
@danzig@
danzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 10:03 PM   #6
**DONOTDELETE**

its the shotgun for me.
and the redemption bots.
**DONOTDELETE** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 10:21 PM   #7
Foo
Fanatic

Yea baby, shotty... it's one of the most realistic for any game.

Too bad there's no double-barrel shottie...
Old 11-04-1999, 12:20 AM   #8
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, I was pondering this question earlier today. I think that good games have a certain reoccuring "time frame", and after the initial exposure to a certain game, you put the game away for awhile, and about every 6 months or a year, it seems that there is a desire to play that game again (but only if it was a really good game that made an impact on you, like Sin ) It also might be because it's the time of the year. I think fall is one of the gaming spurts of the year, possibly because of the weather outside, and also maybe people want to escape from certain things (you know, like school). Anyway, just a few thoughts of mine. It's funny that you mentioned Sin becoming popular again because I have had a real strong desire to play it again these past few days. I started to remember how awesome it was when I waited at my pc waiting for the Sin Demo to come out on Sinday, and I downloaded it and got hooked. Then I ran to the store and got the full version the day it came out and played it for along time, but for about 9 months I haven't touched the game. But now, I getting that warm feeling inside just thinking about the awesome atmosphere that Sin has. You know what though, I still like the feeling of the demo better than the FV 'cause it has the absolute 2 best DM levels EVER. When I compared them to the FV DM levels, the others weren't as good. Oh well...I need to install Sin again...

-Keleko
**DONOTDELETE** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-1999, 09:52 AM   #9
Foo
Fanatic

Well yea.... because you get bored with the games you're presently playing... and you recall how much fun an old game was... and you have the CD right there on your desktop..."Hey I wonder whats up at Ritualistic" or "Damn I wanna snipe some more schlepps in the head with that sweet sniper rifle again"...

Stuff does happen in cycles... but it's different for everyone... depends on how much you play a game, how long you played it, what you played (SP/MP), etc.

Generally any full version game you buy, you're going to play it again a few months after you're done... of course.
Old 11-04-1999, 10:46 AM   #10
Icculus LoK
Fanatic

i agree K i noticed this happened in heretic 2 as well , that was what made me realize it might be happening here to