Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 08-08-2000, 02:13 PM   #1
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Crash bug in win2k (also does it in q3a too)

I keep having a crash bug in win2k, im running an k7 600 96 megs ram, geforce 256

Heres what happens, when i first install fakk (or q3a it does it in both since there both q3 engine) the game starts normally in 640x480 default settings, but the second i try and change any type of video related settings, say... resolution for example, the game crashes to a blue screen with garbled letters and numbers at the very top of the screen for about half a second, and then reboots the pc, every time after that the game wont start up at all untill i reinstall my detenator drivers for win2k, i have a dual boot with WinME just so I can change the video options in Q3a and Fakk2, once i get them set correctly in win me and get back to win2k (after reinstalling the geforce drivers) the game runs fine so long as i dont try and change any video related settings, its just fricken ODD... ;| other then that i havent noticed any thing else out of the ordinary.
**DONOTDELETE** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2000, 09:31 PM   #2
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Crash bug in win2k (also does it in q3a too)

I suspect the drivers for your monitor is causing the crash.I had the same problem with my Viewsonic A90 until I updated the drivers.
Old 08-10-2000, 12:33 AM   #3
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool I'll try it when i get home, right now its just using standard monitor drivers that came with win2k its a KDS monitor tho gonna grab the drivers from work and send them to myself at home (i work at an isp god connections are fun)
Old 08-10-2000, 12:49 AM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

oxpecker, what mainboard do you have?

------------------
FAKK˛Central
SiN Corps Sintral
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2000, 08:48 AM   #5
**DONOTDELETE**

I dont know exactly, id have to go home and acutally look at it, but i DO know that is one of the original AMD k7 MB's that came out with the processor (i bought all this last august about 3 weeks after the k7 came out, /me got lucky) i belive its an FIC board but again im not sure on that, i DO know its running the Award 6.000e(?) bios if my brain works correctly, if that helps at all, OHH and i found something out last night too, it doesnt just die with q3 engine games, it also dies with q2 engine games (aka SOF) it wont even start up at all in win2k no matter what i do (win2k doesnt like Id Software at all apperntly? :P)

[This message has been edited by oxpecker (edited August 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by oxpecker (edited August 10, 2000).]