Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 08-12-2000, 09:19 PM   #1
claudec
Fanatic

Default Is there a skill setting

I am not a very avid or good SP player. I am better and more interested in MP.

It seems FAKK2 is for the very experienced SP player. I have yet in 3 hours of play been able to get past that two plants you encounter after the very first plant without running out of ammo.

I don't even see how it can be done at all. To the best of my knowledge most of my shots are hitting the first creature and the first plant. Its hard to tell as julies head getts in the way a lot especially with downward shots. But judging from my performance in the training where I hit targets with almost perfect accuracy and with darn good speed I would say I am hitting the creature and the plant with most of my shots. Yet they take so many shots to kill that by the time I get to those two plants I am out of ammo.

I am not a great SP player but I usually can compleate a game with the default skill setting and no cheating. I use save a lot and have to redo things over and over till I get them right but I am eventually able to get through it.

But I dont seem to be able to get though FAKK2 without setting the skill level lower.
However I can find no such setting. Nor does there seem to be anything in the readme about how to adjust the skill level. Either that or I will have to use a cheat that gives ammo. I dont see any other way that I would be capable of getting through this game.

On the positive side I loved the graphics and the animation sequences that I have seen so far are cool. The music is kick ass. And If I could just get the lack of ammo problem dealt with I would probably have more fun with this than I usually do in SP.

I also think stunning and picking up shrieks (however you spell it those little hopping things) is cool. Did anyone else try thowing that one at the begining into the water? He gets all red faced and pissed off

So all in all its a kick ass game. I just need a bit more ammo because I am not a very skilled SP player. (but I can kick ass on old ladies and new born infants in MP)

------------------
Sin Post
http://www.sinpost.com/
claudec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2000, 01:47 AM   #2
Bass2496
Fanatic

Default Re: Is there a skill setting

There is a skill cvar but I bet it is left in from Quake 3 and I doubt it would do anything since there isn't a skill option in the menus. It's my experience that the melee weapons are best for killing those plant things.
Bass2496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2000, 03:25 AM   #3
**DONOTDELETE**

What I did on those 2 plants: It seems that their shots will block yours, and vice versa. Charge up (whatever the weapon is called) while you're standing back on the ledge above them, move foward so they'll shoot at you, dodge the shot and fire yours. Worked great for me. Lots of ammo left and no health lost.
**DONOTDELETE** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2000, 02:08 PM   #4
iceheart
Addict

When the 2 beasts come climb up that rope to the health fruits and jump over to get your sword, then you can shoot at them with the crossbow from above and they can't do a thing back.
iceheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2000, 12:12 AM   #5
claudec
Fanatic

Ahhh.

I had tied to climb the rope once but the plants shot me down. However I did once get all the plants and then ran out of ammo for the beasts. Next time I try I will see if I can get all the plants before running out of ammo and then save game and go for the rope and hope the beasties don't get me first
Old 08-14-2000, 01:12 AM   #6
claudec
Fanatic

Unfortunatly there are no other weapons at this point other than the alien weapon found when she breaks free of the rock.

I tied the duck and cover tactic it's one I use all the time Once I maged to get past the plants but only to have no ammo for the beasts down in the area with the plants.

------------------
Sin Post
http://www.sinpost.com/
Old 08-14-2000, 05:49 AM   #7
iceheart
Addict

The beasts only come after you've both killed the plants and touched the ground, so kill them from above and them jump down to the ground and quickly up on that rope, then the monsters are dead meat.
Old 08-14-2000, 05:51 AM   #8
iceheart
Addict

BTW. Allways charge the crossbow full... It'll do much more damage.