Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 08-20-2000, 01:10 AM   #1
Acleacius

Default LOL, Yall are Sucking up to Ritual, Huh.

Cant believe you are defending, Ritual.
They have taken advantage of our belief in them twice now.
They had the Unmedicated Audacity to say:
1. We didnt see any bugs in testing that new drivers didnt fix, LOL.
A. This implies We Are To Stupid to not
to try New Drivers and To Believe Them or they are to INCOMPETENT to find the bugs. 1000's of people are having these Lockup problems.
2. Someone from Ritual made a public comment
about, Heavy Iron, getting the licence to, Evil Dead, how they better not mess it up.
B. LOL, It took them a year after release to get Sin really right and playable.
And we can expect another year here
too, god I hope im wrong.
They have destroyed at least half of there sales and other Games Software Companys too. It is because of Companys like Ritual, ripping their Fans that people get Warez. It HURTS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
The only people at Ritual who have anything to be proud are, the level designers, graphic artist. Almost everything else is Poor Quality from the Horrible Story to whom ever the lamer was that compiled the levels.
The OpenGl and their ridiculous Memory Manager are the main problems and THEY KNOW IT.
They knew they couldnt fix it before thier deadline, so they painted it gold and SCREW US!!
Raven never has this kind of problem
and they use Quake based engines as well.
Dont even get me started on the Stupid Auto Aim in this game, no Hot Keys and all the other HORRIBLE GAME DESIGN. Experenced gamers laugh at this crap.
I swear if one of you defend it. Your not a experenced gamer, your a Lamr tryn 2b l33t.
There are so many things wrong with this game.
To you Lamrs talking about peoples mothers.
Has anyone ever won an argument with you by
talking about your mother. LAMO'S
Alot of people have wasted there time and hard earned money screwing with this game.
Maybe you who are so forgiving are the one's who have your parents buy it for you.
Lamer's

IF YOU CANT RESPOND WITH INTELLEGENCE, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!

Acleacius

Acleacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 01:21 AM   #2
Dave-HN
Regular

Default Re: LOL, Yall are Sucking up to Ritual, Huh.

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
"Hey, next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan
Dave-HN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 08:38 AM   #3
Foo
Fanatic

A lot of us were heavy into SiN, Ritual's previous game, so we have a liking towards them and their product, whats the problem with that?

------------------
urbanwarfare.com
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 09:55 AM   #4
TheDarthJedi
Levelord Groupie

dave, i couldent of said it better myself........

------------------
Soon, you will call Me MASTER!

e-mail: JediMaster@austin.rr.com
AIM- Jedi2908
Clan [pod]!! podsin.com

TheDarthJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 11:53 AM   #5
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Where can I get some of the crack you're smoking?

------------------
3DPortal Network
SiN Corps Sintral
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 03:33 PM   #6
FalseGod
Addict

Acleacius, Just take the game back, and get some other game, life's too short. (for the record, I have no Fakk2 problems)

------------------
FalseGod! King Of The Whorey Nietherworld!
FalseGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 03:44 PM   #7
Dave-HN
Regular

Notice how he hasn't replied yet. Apparently my insult was so great, that it caused his eyeballs to fall out and all actions to his brain to cease (what little actions there already were anyways).

Conclusion? Jeff K. is truely a l33t mastah.

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
"Hey, next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan
Old 08-20-2000, 04:18 PM   #8
The MiMiC
Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>IF YOU CANT RESPOND WITH INTELLEGENCE, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice comment, considering the spelling, grammer, and syntax in your post.

Every game has issues, I haven't bought one yet that hasn't. Quake 1, 2, and 3 all had issues. Heck, if I play Q2, I can't play Q3 without restarting the the computer because the OpenGL won't initialize. This doesn't happen with any other game, so it's id's fault. Has to be. They should have seen this bug because they made both games, didn't they?
As for Raven not making problematic games, don't make me laugh. Their heretic 2 demo wouldn't launch without auto connecting me to the internet. Every time I launched it this happened. And anyone remember that glitch they left in the demo, where it would deactivate after a certain date, and had to make a patch for that?
And how about soldier of fortune? I had a couple of problems with that too, and those guys were pretty heavy handed about any criticism toward their game on their forum.

And as for the wareZ comment, people get them because they're too cheap or poor to buy them more often than because a game has problems. I mean, if you know a game is screwed up, why would you even waste you time downloading even a wareZ'd version of it? Maybe curiosity, or maybe a masochistic streak?

And finally, don't speak to me about being an experienced gamer unless you started out on candyland and shoots and ladders as a teeny weeny kid, like me, and progressed on to led handhelds, like me, cuz if you didn't, they you're the newbie.

Peace, out.

[This message has been edited by The MiMiC (edited August 20, 2000).]
The MiMiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 05:41 PM   #9
Acleacius

Actually, Dave I figured you for a 5 year, who just learned to cut and paste and learned a new word like doo doo or pee pee. Either that are you were on the wrong board, you know posting a Pic of yourself and coming out of the closet. wasnt worth me replying, but if you insit, =).

Foo, im a big fan too that why I was hurt my Rituals, seemingly self-serving act. I still own Sin and Add-on as well.

Darth, obviously your not cappable of thinking on your own =)

Badman, try to focus you can do it and come back to reality. Ive never tried it, but you sound like an expert, ill defer to Bro.

FalseGod, yeah I guess I will and I am really glad your not experincing the crap, a lot of
us are. I wouldnt wish it on anyone not even
Dave, well maybe =).

The Mimic, maybe my syntax is off, I posted at 3:00 am Dallas time, if its relevant to the issue. I give I should have never felt
let down =).
Yes your right it is Carmack's, poor judgement not to implement D3d. Every other
Major engine in the World does and there are some good one beside Quake engines.
The difference between issues and Major, Crippling Bugs is apparent to me, sorry you dont agree. mAybe your right about people being to cheap, I disagree =).
LOL, ok yu got me I must be a newbie cause I
didnt play Candyland, What was I thinking =).
I didnt think I needed to comment on the intelligence again =).

Well that about covers it, if you were really happy with the game apologies, for offeneding
Yall, execept for Dave and the other 2 who, dont think for themselves =).

How's tat fur suturn sintax and spellins.

I and Obviously many others have had serious
problems. And I agree it has a lot to do with D3d issues and Ritual's memory manager and
the level compiler =). I could have and would have over looked the other minor issues, like story =).

I new there were one's of you who, would respond with intelligence and without talking about someones mother to voice an oppinion.
At least I hoped most gamers were intelligent . Well except for poor dave and
that crack guy

Peace
Old 08-20-2000, 05:47 PM   #10
iceheart
Addict

JeffK r0x0rz my b0x0rz
iceheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 06:48 PM   #11
Dave-HN
Regular

Okay Mr. Smartyman Acleacius, could you please re-type that message so that my brain doesn't self-combust from trying to comprehend all the spelling errors?

And, oh DEAR GOD, he said I'm not intelligent! PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THE SMARTYMAN ACLEACIUS!

I know! I'll call my superweapon to SQUISH you! JASON HALL, I CHOOSE YOU!

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
Old 08-20-2000, 07:44 PM   #12
Acleacius

Nope never said you were unintellgent. If you
think spelling and grammar are revelent to opinions, your wrong. This is a Board for Fakk2 topic's not your ego, Bro. You probably have a Voodoo like most others who havent had many problems. Most gamers are using D3d now. Hence mostly Nvida products.
We are the ones having problems because of Ritual's premature release. But not much point explaining that to you. Is there, you here to berate people who are having problems
for your self-serving ego. Im glad Jason is your friend, sounds like you need a friend.
If you were having problems with your card I certainly would try to help. I guess its good everyone on the board knows where you stand.

Acleacius

P.S. Yes the main topic was directed at people like you, who arent here to talk on subject or to help. You are how ever very Narcissistic =).
Old 08-20-2000, 08:12 PM   #13
Dave-HN
Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>At least I hoped most gamers were intelligent . Well except for poor dave and
that crack guy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Nope never said you were unintellgent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh huh. Did I mention that my hair is on fire? And that I have a family of pink flamingos living in my pants? I'm sorry, would you prefer badgers?

You've never even heard of Jeff K, have you? And FYI, yes, Jason Hall IS my good friend. What other developer sends me 5 blank pieces of paper along with his game? Huh? HUH?

Yup, most people on this board I'd imagine DO know where I stand.. as an asshole-like annoying dum-dum who wears a "L33t Liek Jeff K." t-shirt and just so happens to also kick ass. Of course, I could also be completely wrong, but to that I say "Pink goats".

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
Old 08-20-2000, 09:14 PM   #14
SNH
Veteran

Acleacius &lt;--- BAN THIS FAGGOT

this forum is for FAKK2 not flaming Ritual Employees So STFU and get the hell outta here.

------------------
FAKK˛Central
SiN Corps Sintral

SinNer
SNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 11:19 PM   #15
Dave-HN
Regular

SinNer, it's "fagot" not "faggot". *Sigh* How many people must I enlighten to the Jeff K. way?

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
Old 08-21-2000, 04:25 AM   #16
Acleacius

Well Dave it helps you with your argument, ok.
Oops there is there is another spelling error, just right below, OMG do you know what this mean's You were right this whole time Ritual Didnt rush the game out and thousand's of peole didnt suffer. And I shouldnt be hurt that I trusted them again. What was I thinking, LOL
See it, its in the next line
Bu tit looks like the quote says I hoped most were, except poor dave and crackhead doesnt say you arent, bro.
Good im glad you have a friend named jeffk and a shirt, too =)
Oh and gee you kick ass to, wow. LOL

You are kinda obsesed with the spelling thing, huh.

LOL another Homosexual expert on this board OMG.

Ok SinNer, Flaming in the same sentence, whats up with you, man =)

Well if they do ban it wont be because I was lying or because I talk like you and ooops almost included dave but aleast he stated what he thought were facts, this time, not that I agree =)

I was wrong if, taunting people who have problems with a game, it really makes more of you feel like real men, by talking about someones mother or expressing your expertise in homosexuality. You have my blessing.

SinNer I can see why you might think it was, flaming Ritual. Personally think you missing the point =)

Dave please check my spelling please, its 4:16 here in Dallas. So there's no telling
if I was if I was using Proper English. =)

God I hate to say this but SinNer which Employee did I flame, I just know your going to take something out of context just to self justify your post, right =)

Hey Who know's one day maybe my PIII 1000 and GeForce DDR will be able to run FAKK2 and I can go Rebuy it, DOH.

Acleacius

Old 08-21-2000, 04:37 AM   #17
SchlummertierBonzo
Regular

Well, it's nice to find a really heartwarming topic in this forum...

okay, basics first: I'm neither pro- nor anti-Ritual, more like neutral - so Acleacius believe me I won't suck up to Ritual... what I am is pro-Heavy Metal and pro-Julie Strain and if you ask me this game is pure gold on those parts...

but you're trying to fry Ritual because of all the **** the supposedly did and have said in connection with SiN and HM FAKK2...

Check 1: I had no trouble with SiN whatsoever - okay, maybe I should have played it more often to find all the bumps and scratches I'll do that now... the point is show me one (1) (une, ein, etc.) game that doesn't need a patch? Unreal wasn't a pure virgin last time I checked neither Q2 - and the same goes for the much more recent Q3A and UT... so correcting something in games via patches is something we'll have to live with ... why?
it's just not possible to have as many PCs in one company to run a game on every config there is with the fast evolving technology - there'll always be someone (special) out there who will have problems with this one game or the other - and that's what patches are for - pure service to the customer i.e. you...
don't want a game that evolves? okay, but don't come crying when with a new CPU or new Graphics card your non-patched game just doesn't run, Acleacius...

Check 2. as for 'We Are To Stupid to not
to try New Drivers' I guess you're checking every other hour for new drivers to your devices, right? new Bios to your MoBo? well, sometimes they just don't hit you in the eye so you miss 'em - as I did with the Soundblaster liveware update... so it really does make sense to tell everybody (newbie and oldtimer) to check for new drivers!!!

Check 3: your 'They have destroyed at least half of there sales and other Games Software Companys too. It is because of Companys like Ritual, ripping their Fans that people get Warez. It HURTS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!' - man, get real... you know Diablo2? you know what shit that one is? 3 patches and it keeps getting worse!!! But still D2 sells as hell - and the older Blizzard products as well... no I don't think one game way back that maybe had some probs (SiN) and one game that does have glitches on a bunch of PCs but does run smooth on many many many others (HM FAKK2) will 'destroy' game software sales... not for this one company and surely not for all and ever PC-games' forge there is...

and as fore Warez... get a mind and an eye jerk, take a look around... it ain't got nothing to do witha company ripping the fans - it's a 'I want more for nothing'-thing - I know enough people who say 'that game is cool, I might buy it - oh you got it? cool, pass it over I'll just make myself a copy' - they want ever game and don't want to pay for it because there are other things to do with the money - like spending it on booze or smokes or sex or whatever... and Warez are a fashion statement: 'hey, look I got my C&C78 before it was released - thru ware-ZdotCom'

Check 4: features like 'auto-aim' etc. boyohboy, you know there are people sitting there thinking that would be a cool thingy for that game - and then it's released and everybody goes that thingy is so shitty... why did they include this? okay, here's a challenge to you Acleacius: you name a game you like and make a mod for it which makes the game just perfect for you - I'll check out the mod - and everybody else if they want to - and if there's just one little bit that I think was done lousy or is stupid your mod will get a real nice public kick in the ass on a big homepage I'll just make for you... and if there's nothing for me to bitch about with your mod, well, be happy, stud...

oh and by the way - just to get you in the mood for a checkmate Acleacius - ever checked out Unreal or UT? It runs much better with Glide... so where's your devine Nvidia now buster???

so, what you say, Acleacius?

cheers

------------------
I'm the one I always warned myself not to be...
SchlummertierBonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 06:06 PM   #18
Zem
Casual

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Acleacius:
You probably have a Voodoo like most others who havent had many problems. Most gamers are using D3d now. Hence mostly Nvida products. We are the ones having problems because of Ritual's premature release.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, I have a GeForce2 and am running the un-patched game at 1280x1024x32 full-detail with no problems other than the exit crash, which is easily worked around.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Yes the main topic was directed at people like you, who arent here to talk on subject or to help.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't call flaming Ritual "on-topic" or "helpful" either. Your topic was flamebait. Congratulations, it worked. As for other games not having this problem... bullshit. For every game you have that works just fine for you, there are people who think it sucks because it won't run for them. It's the same story in every game forum I've ever visited. There's just too many damned differences in PC configurations to test them all. Get over it. If you can't deal with it, stick to console games.
Zem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 06:51 PM   #19
Buzzfunk
Regular

"Get over it. If you can't deal with it, stick to console games."

I couldnt agree more to this.

Also it did not take Ritual a full year to get SIN right. YOur are simply braindead or still smoking cheap crack. 2 weeks after SIN's release Ritual had a patch ready and it fixed MOST obvious bugs. It was totally playable straight for hours without any problems. Heck they even cut the load times in half with that patch.

I really doubt Ritual knew about those exit bugs. Simply too many configs to test. You gotta let it go and then go from there.

Buzzfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 07:33 PM   #20
TheDarthJedi
Levelord Groupie

um.. read THIS thread!http://www.ritualistic.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000581.html

patch up, EXIT BUG FIXED!! and Ritual CANT REPRODUCE IT ON THEIR COMPUTERS, which means, yes, its YOUR computer, and NOT the software!!!! stupid little bugger...

dont go jumpin on ritual, like aldie said, its a BAD bug, and THEY dont like it!! dammit!

do you THINK they would of WANTED to ship a game full of bugs?!? HELL FRIGGIN NO!!

you know what, i think i am just gonna stop now... ..

yer just a flamin fool who knows not what he says....

i pity you....

------------------
Soon, you will call Me MASTER!

e-mail: JediMaster@austin.rr.com
AIM- Jedi2908
Clan [pod]!! podsin.com
TheDarthJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 12:26 AM   #21
Dave-HN
Regular

Speaking of crackheads Acleacius, you seem fit to include "LOL" into every few lines.. reminds me of a post I saw on the Elite Force forums, where some guy was taunting the developers and the game, and one of the developers came back with a slam so hefty, it had everyone reeling on their ass. Nearly made me fall out of my chair laughing.. ah, yes, that particular post was here, at Kim's post.. although I must admit, the person he was taunting was a bit on the "Levelord" side of crackheads... what point am I making? None in particular. As for spelling at 4 AM, I can manage to spell coherently after pulling an all-nighter and then staying up untill 2 AM the next day, so believe me, it's not impossible.

Now, since you've already returned the damn game, what exact problem do you have? I can't see why you keep returning here to post if the game sucks so bad according to you.

Hmm, I just read this from your heavy distorted original post..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I swear if one of you defend it. Your not a experenced gamer, your a Lamr tryn 2b l33t.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahah, oh man.. I'm gonna write that down somewhere and keep it for laughs. Once again, I refer to the "YUO=FAGOT" picture.

------------------
-Dave
Member of Hardnews
Old 08-22-2000, 05:47 PM   #22
Buzzfunk
Regular

Darth, i hate to break it to ya but it was thr software NOT the peoples computers.

The new patch 1.02 fixed it. Ther patch fixes the game not the machine. Doing a logical assumtion, you can say it was a bug on Rituals side that got through for some reason.

Its fixed now. Now im wondering what about those poor people who arent online? Hehe
Buzzfunk is offline   Reply With Quote