Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 08-25-2000, 12:42 AM   #1
Bill
Rookie

Default Black Screen or no game world access...

Hi folks;

I'm having problems with getting into the game world in FAKK2.

I have the patch installed and it says V.1.02 on the game screen.
I can play the opening space scene okay minus the sound - I assume there is sound for it- just after the
cutscene it boots me back to the main menu screen. When I try to launch the game from the Start menu pick all I get is a black screen.

I have reset the game video configs from minimal, 16 bit to "max" and have adjusted my Hitachi screen resolution to 640X480 16 bit to no avail. I have killed the screensaver and I do not have a virus checker installed.

I have not tried it with "end task" yet on the unnecessary programs but will try that next week when I get back to the game.

In "System" I show no yellow flags under my sound card information but my .wav and .mid files will not play under Winamp when testing them. In DXDIAG all things look good but my sound card drivers are not certified and no Direct Sound files will play via the test sequence. There are no Interrupt Conflicts under sound under System. I have the SB Live! Version 3.0 Platinum/patch box front end sound card with the 4.11 EMU10K1.VXD drivers installed. I believe these are the latest drivers from Creative…All my other game sounds and games are fine and dandy - minus Drakan which will not play either - but I do suspect the sound card in this case as a problem. I cannot get my headset to receive sound/music and when testing it in the Live Mixer no sounds or get Roger Wilco working right. Overall my music CD's play great however as do the Windows sounds…

Here is the rest of my system specs:

500 Celeron
128 RAM
GE Force SDR Guillemont vid card my DXDIAG.EXE says 4.12 drivers but I thought I installed the 5.14 Detonator drivers…
SB Live! Platinum V 3.0 drivers 4.11
24X Creative CD drive
Win 98
DX 7.0
Klipsch Pro Media speakers

System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Shogo, Messiah, Na Pali, Battlezone, Recoil all play excellent but Drakan and FAKK 2 not so well at this point.

Big question for me is how do you get DX Certified sound drivers from Creative?

Any help here will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bill
ICQ 16869890

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2000, 11:15 AM   #2
SpaZo
Rookie

Default Re: Black Screen or no game world access...

Try setting your sound to "software" instead of "eax". It has helped some people.

Also, you might make sure your Geforce isn't sharing an IRQ. Mine was, but fixing the sharing didn't help my problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
Hi folks;

I'm having problems with getting into the game world in FAKK2.

I have the patch installed and it says V.1.02 on the game screen.
I can play the opening space scene okay minus the sound - I assume there is sound for it- just after the
cutscene it boots me back to the main menu screen. When I try to launch the game from the Start menu pick all I get is a black screen.

I have reset the game video configs from minimal, 16 bit to "max" and have adjusted my Hitachi screen resolution to 640X480 16 bit to no avail. I have killed the screensaver and I do not have a virus checker installed.

I have not tried it with "end task" yet on the unnecessary programs but will try that next week when I get back to the game.

In "System" I show no yellow flags under my sound card information but my .wav and .mid files will not play under Winamp when testing them. In DXDIAG all things look good but my sound card drivers are not certified and no Direct Sound files will play via the test sequence. There are no Interrupt Conflicts under sound under System. I have the SB Live! Version 3.0 Platinum/patch box front end sound card with the 4.11 EMU10K1.VXD drivers installed. I believe these are the latest drivers from Creative…All my other game sounds and games are fine and dandy - minus Drakan which will not play either - but I do suspect the sound card in this case as a problem. I cannot get my headset to receive sound/music and when testing it in the Live Mixer no sounds or get Roger Wilco working right. Overall my music CD's play great however as do the Windows sounds…

Here is the rest of my system specs:

500 Celeron
128 RAM
GE Force SDR Guillemont vid card my DXDIAG.EXE says 4.12 drivers but I thought I installed the 5.14 Detonator drivers…
SB Live! Platinum V 3.0 drivers 4.11
24X Creative CD drive
Win 98
DX 7.0
Klipsch Pro Media speakers

System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Shogo, Messiah, Na Pali, Battlezone, Recoil all play excellent but Drakan and FAKK 2 not so well at this point.

Big question for me is how do you get DX Certified sound drivers from Creative?

Any help here will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bill
ICQ 16869890

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SpaZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2000, 01:40 AM   #3
Bill
Rookie

Default Re: Black Screen or no game world access...

SpaZo:

Okay thanks I'll look into those 2 points.

My C drive only has 500 MB free from a 2.3 GB Partition.
I am not sure about my virtual memory situation either; haven't checked it yet.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote