Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 01-15-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
Kitten
Rookie

Default I heard talk of a fakk2 other part there comming out with and...

it has mp on it already? was wondoring what that is called and when it might come out
^-^
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:16 AM   #2
WhiteDragon
Experienced

Default Re: I heard talk of a fakk2 other part there comming out with and...

Too my knowledge, what this is, is another game all together, using the fakk2 engine. This game is probably gunna be a FPS, but it might be another third person. For some reason I'm thinking it's a sci-fi ish game, rather than the odd mix of FAKK2. Part of the deal is, this new game is gunna ship with MP support. Soo..... we (at least myself) anxiously await to find out what that game is, and hope it's popular enough to release an SDK for.

(hell for all we know, it could have been basterized into Return to Castle Wolfenstien, I've dug into it a little bit, and it looks an aweful bit familar)

~WD
WhiteDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
CrimsonFury

So their gonna make a game built on the engine of a game, built on the engine of another game? lol
CrimsonFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
Kitten
Rookie

so basicly there is no add on to it there going to make with the same person in it, they left me hanging o.o;; with her sister getting nabed and then she going to go save her then the story ends :
Old 01-16-2002, 10:56 PM   #5
WhiteDragon
Experienced

Yea, unfortinaly I think fakk2 flopped too much for them to warrant a sequal. But realisticly, they were targeting a 'small' group of gamers by aiming for the whole Heavy Metal thing.... that and I still honestly think the 'Walmarting' as I call it, realy hurt it. Given what looks like was going to be in the original content, albiet more mature, probably would have garnered a greater crowd. (well that and good MP support)
Old 01-18-2002, 07:45 PM   #6
Kat
Regular

there is the FAKK2 arena out on the playstaion (I think) hasn't got much of a reception though and it's more akin to Tekken??

A 'FAKK2 : the return' would be a jolly good idea, hope they get the marketing right second time round..! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[EDIT] What's this 'Wallmarting' thing you guys keep mentioning..! (I know it's the shoppingMall thing in the USA but what's the story behind it and FK2???

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Kat ]
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:45 AM   #7
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

The console game you are talking about is in fact Heavy Metal: Geomatrix, a Dreamcast game set in the Heavy Metal universe, but not directly related to FAKK2. It's basically Tekken with guns and swords, a combination that, to my surprise, is fun (when playing against another person, at least).

There is another Heavy Metal game starring Druuna, one of the chicks from the first HM flick, but again, it doesn't have anything to do with FAKK2.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:20 AM   #8
WhiteDragon
Experienced

Oh yea I saw some previews from drunna, it's being made by some french company right?

Kat- This walmarting that alot of ppl are refering too, is in short, that walmart censors everything the sell (this includes airbrushing artwork on cd's, I don't listen too him, but I recall a major uproar about a marylon manson cover) And to have a game sellable at Walmart it must be equaly censored, (I think they run by the ERB standards and have some sort of stipulations). If you goto places like www.fakkyou.com and look at the preview art, you can find several levels with the 'current' julie models that simply weren't included in the game. Also, while playing you find some areas that seem too have a 'gap' in the normal gameplay. General concensous is this is due to the censorship that was done to make it walmart friendly. *shrug* I personaly can't prove it other than by what material is in the game, compaired too material that has been presented for preview. (I still think some of the shots of julie in the 'normal' eden clothing with a katana for a sword are neat looking [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

~WD
Old 01-22-2002, 09:14 AM   #9
Kat
Regular

wow..! you mean WM have so much 'power' that they even got the developers to edit the games content as well as the box artwork..!!

That's not good \ I wonder then if the game we got in the UK is the same as the USA version...!?

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Kat ]
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 11:21 AM   #10
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

In terms of content, the game is the same no matter which version you have.

This "Walmart'ing" did by no means occur during the last five minutes of development. It was a decision that was made way before the release date, and a necessary one at that. There's really been a lot of talk about it, and if you do a forum search, you'll find more than enough material regarding the matter, including the reasons why.

-badman
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:37 PM   #11
Castle
Level Designer

There is nothing planned for fakk 2
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:13 AM   #12
Kitten
Rookie

but there is player working multi playing games right ? or ones that can use ip with a freind ? because i cannot seem to get it working all we get is the one connecting gets a black screen and stays that way till they quit. : \ is there any way to get it working ?
Old 01-25-2002, 11:18 AM   #13
Kitten
Rookie

any info on how to make it work ?