Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Heavy Metal FAKK2

Old 04-20-2001, 03:28 PM   #1
Junker

Default Need an EXPERT\'s help!!!

Ok, here's the thing. I just bought FAKK2, and it looks super cool. One problem, though. I get awful choppines - frame skip stuff. Is there a way that my FPS will not drop to a pathetic 8? I am using a 500Mhz processor with a Voodoo5 PCI card.
196MB PC100 RAM, SB LIVE!...and I just installed DirectX 8. Is there anything I can do to help? Any new patches or some other cool things I can apply to resolve my problem. I know you guys can help. Oh, I already have the patch for the game, and I added to the game already. It was Ver. 1.02...is there anything??!! I want to have fun like most of you. I am tired of hearing ppl complain about how weak this game is, IT"S NOT...IT LOOKS RAD!!! Please HELP ME!!!
Junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2001, 06:52 AM   #2
Nooner
Experienced

Default Re: Need an EXPERT\'s help!!!

Go to the Video/Audio menu, bump the resolution down or the color depth until you get a frame rate you can live with. Click the advanced button, turning off shadows can give you a boost in frame rate. You can try turning off some of the other stuff but be careful, you can mess things up so it won't start at all. As a safeguard, copy your config.cfg in the fakk folder to a safe place before making any changes. Copy it back if you mess things up.

------------------
Nooner FAKKs
Nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
SePHiRoTh
Regular

Junker im sorry to say this but lemme predict something u are running an AMD k6-2 500mHz sorry dude not gonn work if u wanna run this game like gold u need a new comp or atleast a celeron processor i had the same prob this game made me go buy 3 new comps my greatest appologies dude sorry for the news u just aint gonna run that game with that 500mhz AMD k6-2....=(
SePHiRoTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 11:26 PM   #4
JRAILER
Rookie

ya me too i went with a 700 tbird and it runs great
JRAILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 07:17 PM   #5
Dirk

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Junker im sorry to say this but lemme predict something u are running an AMD k6-2 500mHz sorry dude not gonn work if u wanna run this game like gold u need a new comp or atleast a celeron processor i had the same prob this game made me go buy 3 new comps my greatest appologies dude sorry for the news u just aint gonna run that game with that 500mhz AMD k6-2....=( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
&lt;P&gt;
Hhmmm,

not so, what is said above.....

I'm running it on a celeron 333 Mhz, Voodoo3 3000, 512 Mb RAM and it has no choppiness at all.
You need to uncheck the settings for vertex lighting and multitexture and it works a treat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 12:26 AM   #6
JRAILER
Rookie

ya but a amd 500 wont they suck i know i still have two systems running them the will play but not very well you go to a pent. or a beter amd and you will see the difrence
Old 05-24-2001, 02:49 AM   #7
SePHiRoTh
Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hhmmm,
not so, what is said above.....

I'm running it on a celeron 333 Mhz, Voodoo3 3000, 512 Mb RAM and it has no choppiness at all.
You need to uncheck the settings for vertex lighting and multitexture and it works a treat

Yes But a Celeron Processor has the power to do it but and AMDk6-2 is basically incapable of doign anything i know i used to have one myself but then i got a Dual P3 1gHz 1Gig of ram with a Geforce3 card Runs lIke Silver and Gold.. =)

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2001, 10:13 PM   #8
JRAILER
Rookie

thats what i am saying
Old 05-30-2001, 04:29 PM   #9
SQRLYOne
Rookie

My old p2 400 w/ Voodoo3 ran FAK2 ok with the details down as these ppl are
telling you.

"Giants" is my big resource sucker.

My current p3 700 w/ Voodoo5 runs it pretty good now even with 4x antialiasing on.

Go shopping dude. I found an P4 1.5 w/ intel motherboard, and 256m rdram for jus under $700 through Yahoo.

Note, the ASUS Mboard for the P4 doesn't accept the Voodoo 5 5500.
SQRLYOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:00 PM   #10
SePHiRoTh
Regular

Well i have a suggestion i used to have a 500MhZ AMD K6-2 and it ran like CRAP would barely run Q2 then i got a Quad P3 1gHz Each CPU and 2gigs of ram and a geforce3 carde never been happier spent $5000 on it but it was worth it the only thing bad about this is its water cooled and need replacement of Liquids after a few months.. =) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]